Life Lessons From Kick Ass Women

Life Lessons From Kick Ass Women

Words of wisdom from fearless females.

11
Life Lessons From Kick Ass Women

“Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything else.” Angelina Jolie

Not only is she Hollywood’s highest-paid actress, Jolie promotes various notable causes around the world from conservation to women’s rights.

“Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.” Marie Curie

The first woman to win a Nobel Prize, Curie conducted groundbreaking research on radioactivity. She named the first element she discovered, polonium, after her native country, Poland.

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” Maya Angelou

An influential poet, author and actress, Angelou played a significant role in the Civil Rights Movement, working alongside Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X. She also received the 2010 Medal of Freedom.

“Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” Tina Fey

Tina is best known for her comedic role on Saturday Night Live, while also being a writer and producer. She co-starred and wrote the screenplay for Mean Girls in 2004, a film many female millennials would deem a classic.

“I don’t want to be remembered as the girl who was shot. I want to be remembered as the girl who stood up.” Malala Yousafzai

A Pakistani activist, Yousafzai wrote a blog on her life under the Taliban occupation and her opinions on promoting educational rights for women. After the extremist group’s attempt to assassinate her, Malala has received a tremendous amount of international support. She spoke at the UN headquarters for education and became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Prize.