25 Things That Every Empath Relates To

25 Things That Every Empath Relates To

Feelings seem so much more when you have a million thoughts that run through your head.

Avani
Avani
25

For every hundred people that you encounter, there will be at least one empathetic person. This is someone who genuinely picks up on other people's thoughts or feelings and claims them as their own. Sometimes it is too overwhelming and taking a step back seems very difficult. Other times it seems like people do not understand. Either way, any number of thoughts run through their minds that fall in between the spectrum of overly analytical to too chill.

1. Can we just stop for a second and slow down? 

Sometimes when you move too fast it seems almost impossible to process anything anymore.

2. I am so uncertain about all my feelings at this time. 

It's one moment of confusion that feels like a lifetime worth of turmoil.

3. *at a crowded place* Where is the nearest exit, please? 

If it is a choice between going to the mall or the movies, then my choice is to sit at home and online shop or stream movies.

4. There are so many layers to me. 

I don't think when anyone has every asked, "Tell me about yourself," that I could give a complete answer. I feel things when I feel them and what I feel about myself is subject to change.

5. Why is every day is different. 

What I know today is always subject to change. When I wake up tomorrow, everything is going to feel different.

6. I guess all of my logic lies in my heart. 

7. Everybody's feelings have to matter before mine. 

My feelings feel like everyone else's sometimes so if that's true, then everyone matters first.

8. My happiness is sometimes not my priority. It's because I care about yours first. 

9. My opinions are so muddy that everyone else's opinion matters more. 

People need to like me because I don't know if I like me.

10. Making decisions may take time...

11. ...but I will always keep you in mind. 

12. Every feeling requires some type of magnifying glass. 

13. I try to be there especially when you are sad. 

14. *in a quiet place* My anxiety feels a million miles away.

When I am by myself, I can hear myself think so very clearly.

15. Loving myself is a LOT of effort. 

It's not high maintenance. It's remembering that I need to take care of myself.

16. I always try to believe in second chances. 

I really do.

17. But sometimes, I really need to learn not to give third chances. 

Some people just don't deserve more chances.

18. Anxiety seems like second skin. 

I want to be calm but sometimes anxiety feels more familiar.

19. I seem very moody for no reason. 

20. I am really trying listen to you...

21. ... even if what you're saying to me is the same thing every time you complain.

But I will always be there when you need it.

22. I can anticipate when someone needs me. 

Even if I have been absent in your life for awhile, I can tell when you need me.

23. I care more deeply than most people. 

Even if I do not show it, I care a LOT for people.

24. I can get easily disappointed in people who may not reciprocate the care I put in them. 

People may not understand how I care but it's ok.

25. But in the end, life can get on perfectly fine. 

So even if they are under stress and under pressure, empaths can make life so much more interesting. Every day seems like a new adventure with ups and downs like a roller coaster. And the best part is being able to let go of understanding the situation and just being in the moment.