almost college grads

4 Thoughts Every Senior Has Their Last Semester Of College

Am I supposed to be an adult now?

93
https://unsplash.com/photos/YZsvNs2GCPU

If you are a senior in college like me, you probably have a million thoughts going through your mind along with a boatload of emotions.

It's been 4 years, I'm so ready to get out of here

Wait so you're telling me after I graduate it won't be acceptable to party 4 nights a week anymore?

Am I even mature enough for the real world?

I constantly go back and forth in my mind about being ready to leave college and contemplating purposely failing a class just so I can stay another year.

These are just a few of the emotions that a senior in college feels when realizing you are slowly approaching the real world:

1. Excitement

https://media.giphy.com/media/ET3joD3mN6UEg/giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong, college comes with a ton of excitement. Meeting new people, learning about what you're going to do in your career, and the freedom to do whatever you want!

But how exciting is it to think about life after college?

Getting started with your career that you just spent the last four years learning about, moving to a new city where you're bound to meet a ton of new friends, and not to mention...

actually having real money.

2. Worry

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0xepYDyqavdt76Ok/giphy.gif

As exciting as the start to the adult life may seem, there is also a lot of fear that comes with it.

Seniors in college worry every single day if they are prepared for the responsibilities of being an adult.

Am I going to struggle with bills?

What city will I end up in?

Will I make friends in the city that I end up in?

And not to mention the worry of even finding a job.

After four years of investing your time and money into earning a degree, a job isn't just handed to you. Even some of the most involved students with high GPA's and lots of experience struggle with getting a job straight out of college.

That is probably my biggest fear currently as a soon-to-be college grad.

3. Nostalgia

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6QLcNZgGKvFBluKs/giphy.gif

Before college is even over, nostalgia will hit.

Once the years of freedom, partying, and carefree living is over- you're going to be wishing you could go back to those days.

Ask anyone who has graduated college and I guarantee they would even be willing to sit in hour long lectures and study for tests just to go back to college.

4. Hope

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOwGkoxib4Y9A9T9u/giphy.gif

Through the sadness of missing your college years and the worry of the obligations you will have once you enter the adult word- there is always hope.

There is hope that this thing we call a degree pays off.

There is hope that you will have the right connections and make the right decisions wherever life takes you.

The saying goes that college will be the best four years of your life. And as of right now, they have been. But there is so much to come and so much more life to look forward to.