Growing up is scary, but it's a time for growth.

Embrace Growing Up, Because It Really Is A Time For Growth

This is what we were all waiting for as a kid, wasn't it? Growing up.

194
Photo by Zachary Rineer

When I moved to college, I didn't expect my life to change so fast in such a short amount of time. I finally had more independence, and more freedom to do the things I've always wanted to do. I met so many new people, some of whom have become my closest friends now. My relationship with my family changed, and they started treating me as more of an adult.

It's a scary thing - growing up. You start realizing that things that once were, no longer are. Old friends come and go, and new ones come to take their place. Home doesn't feel like home anymore, because so much has changed. Everything you once thought about the world changes, and you're finally beginning to see through your own eyes instead of through another's.

People start treating you differently. You're no longer a helpless child who needs constant guidance from others to find their way in life. You're beginning to learn on your own, figuring out who you are and what you want from life.

Sometimes, growing up can feel overwhelming. You have all these new responsibilities and are now more in charge of taking care of yourself, whether it's learning how to cook, or handling your own money, or confronting issues in relationships. You can't hide behind your parents anymore, it's all up to you now.

When you realize you're growing up, you have to learn how to embrace it. It's okay to be afraid and even I am afraid at times. But it's a learning process, a time for growth, and a time for you to find yourself and develop who you want to be.

You'll face challenges that will allow you to step out of your comfort zone, you'll find yourself involved in conflicts that will allow you to shape your own resolutions, and you'll start taking on more responsibilities and learn how to prioritize your time.

Embrace growing up. It's a part of life. Make the best out of everything you do, because you never know where you may end up, but this is a time for you to find yourself.