Email signature generators: free or paid – what to choose?
News

Introduction

22

We have all come across an email signature at least once. It is some additional information at the bottom of an email, presenting some contact information, maybe some images, links to some websites or social media accounts, etc. they enjoy a sufficient amount of popularity today, especially in big companies, because they provide the receiver with some communication possibilities.

And longing for the best email signatures, people turn to special generators. With their help, creating an email signature becomes an easy and enjoyable process.

When it comes to email signature generators, there are a few things to consider. First, you need to decide if you want a free or paid generator. There are pros and cons to both, so it's important to weigh your options before making a decision.

If you're looking for a free email signature generator, there are a few common aspects you have to know about. First, you'll likely have less control over the customization of your signature. Second, free generators sometimes may insert ads into your signature, which can be distracting and look unprofessional. However, free generators can be a good option if you're on a tight budget or if you don't need a lot of customization options.

But it will be better to talk about it using examples. One of the most popular signature generators is HubSpot, which offers you a variety of templates to choose from. It's really a simple way to get the work done, but it definitely has some cons (for example, all email banners include a "Create your own free signature" link that directs to the generator; also, it is quite impractical for large teams, etc.) Though there are some popular alternatives to HubSpot.

For instance, some consider the best HubSpot alternative to be MySignature or Newoldstamp. For example, unlike HubSpot, MySignature offers previously filled templates, the ability to edit indents (which is important for the professional appearance of your signature), and access to the banner gallery with ready-to-use designed banners. Also, it has Canva integration so you can create your own banner in minutes. There you can draw a classic signature by hand and much more. While Newoldstamp, for example, offers you some analytics so that you have the ability to track the effectiveness of your signature and measure performances and clicks. Newoldstamp works with all the leading email clients and offers Google Workspace and Outlook integration. Also, at Newoldstamp there are over two hundred colorful icons of social platforms so that you can find the one you need. So even though the main functions are the same, you can see that in certain cases, particular generators have their advantages. Therefore, if you'd like to narrow down your choices, we would advise you to use mentioned above MySignature or Newoldstamp. They are universal and reliable. And that's important because the longer actions and comfort of your journey will depend on your choice of email generator.

Moving on with paid email signature generators, firstly, we need to underline that they usually offer more customization options than their free counterparts. This means you can create a signature that better reflects your brand and looks more professional. Paid generators also don't usually have ads, so your signature will be less distracting. However, paid generators can be expensive, and they usually require a monthly or yearly subscription fee. You should consider the features you need and how much customization you require when deciding whether to purchase a generator or not.

As an example, let's take Bybrand - a paid email signature generator that allows users to create professional-looking signatures for their email accounts. Bybrand also offers a free trial period, so users can try out the service before they commit to a subscription. Still, some people claim that Bybrand signatures are largely unoriginal and dull (or, at least, not original enough to require additional payment). They include standard text that is usually found in any email signature. Even though it broadens your customization capabilities of yours, the reasonableness of getting yourself a paid signature generator at the beginning of your creative still has much to be considered.

So, a paid email signature generator can be a good investment if you want to have more control over how your signature looks. However, there are also some potential downsides to using a paid email signature generator, the most significant of them being the price. Because the free email signature generator is easy to use and has a broad range of options for customizing your signature. It does not have as many options as some paid email signature generators, but it is completely free, and the interface is relatively intuitive. The free email signature generator can be a good place to start if you are not sure how you want to customize your signature because the broader control and options which are provided by some paid generators only make sense if you've already had some previous experience with signature creation before. So, you can always use a paid email signature generator later if you decide that you need more features and options.

Anyway, regardless of the chosen option, the tips which would provide you with an effective signature are rather similar. Whether you use a generator or create your signature manually, you should always include your name and contact information (such as phone number and email address) in your signature because that's the main idea of creating a signature itself. We also recommend that you include a link to your website. This will make it easier for people to contact you if they want to learn more about your business or hire you as a consultant. Don't be afraid to use templates, these will help you create a signature that looks attractive and professional.

You can use your signature to include links to your social media profiles, as well as any additional information, such as your address or phone number. But be confident in your links. If you are not satisfied with something in your accounts on social networks, fix what is bothering you. It's an image issue. There is no point in spending so much effort to create a signature if the customer will come across unprofessional mistakes after turning to it. So, use the links only regarding those media pages which are maintained and active. Otherwise – you had better avoid the links.

Use a font that is both professional and easy to read. Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, and Verdana are all good options, though being classical and common. Be sure to choose a font color that contrasts with the background of your signature.

Avoid using slang or informal language, as it may make you look unprofessional and scare away an unexpected number of possible clients.

If you follow these tips, you can create an effective email signature that makes it easy for people to contact you and learn more about your business. The only thing left is to choose your own perfect email signature generator and get down to work. Whether it be a paid generator or a free generator, we are sure that you'll manage to create the best signature to suit your company's identity! Good luck!