Don't Let The Haters Stop You, Take The Elevator To The Second Floor

Elevators are your best friend. Just try not to get stuck in one.
331

For some reason, society has deemed it wrong to take the elevator to the second floor. Well folks, I'm here to tell you a story as to why you should be able to take it to and from the second floor.

It all went down about two weeks ago. I was on my way to class. Mind you, I live on the second floor, so of course I followed society's rule and went to use the stairs.

When you use stairs, you probably look at your feet, right? Right. Well, for some reason, I wasn't looking at my feet. Because of this, I missed a step, and proceeded to fall and land on my foot wrong. I then fell to my butt.

When I looked at my foot, I saw there was a scrape. I thought to myself, "Oh, that must be where the pain is coming from." Nope. I took my flip-flop off and noticed a giant ball on my foot. I immediately called my roommate.

At this point, my body was shaking from shock. I thought my foot was broken. I couldn't put any pressure on it.

Here comes the difficult part. I fell on the stairs. But I was still a good 15 feet from the first floor. Meaning I HAD TO CONTINUE DOWN THE STAIRS WITH A HURT FOOT.

At this point, I was almost crying from pain. My roommate had to go back to our room to put shoes on so she could take me to the hospital. I still don't know how I managed to do this.

I hobbled my way down the stairs, managing not hurt myself again. The entire dorm staff made a big deal about me being injured, my roommate was talking to my mom, and I was sitting on a couch crying as people passed by, wondering what the commotion was.

Update: I didn't break my foot, but I did severely sprain it. Yay me, right? I was given a boot and crutches. I've been using the elevator ever since.

So next time you get in the elevator to the second floor and someone gives you a nasty look, remember this story. You don't want to be me. I don't want to be me. Elevators are your best friend. Just try not to get stuck in one.