For some reason, society has deemed it wrong to take the elevator to the second floor. Well folks, I'm here to tell you a story as to why you should be able to take it to and from the second floor.

It all went down about two weeks ago. I was on my way to class. Mind you, I live on the second floor, so of course I followed society's rule and went to use the stairs.

When you use stairs, you probably look at your feet, right? Right. Well, for some reason, I wasn't looking at my feet. Because of this, I missed a step, and proceeded to fall and land on my foot wrong. I then fell to my butt.

When I looked at my foot, I saw there was a scrape. I thought to myself, "Oh, that must be where the pain is coming from." Nope. I took my flip-flop off and noticed a giant ball on my foot. I immediately called my roommate.

At this point, my body was shaking from shock. I thought my foot was broken. I couldn't put any pressure on it.

Here comes the difficult part. I fell on the stairs. But I was still a good 15 feet from the first floor. Meaning I HAD TO CONTINUE DOWN THE STAIRS WITH A HURT FOOT.

At this point, I was almost crying from pain. My roommate had to go back to our room to put shoes on so she could take me to the hospital. I still don't know how I managed to do this.

I hobbled my way down the stairs, managing not hurt myself again. The entire dorm staff made a big deal about me being injured, my roommate was talking to my mom, and I was sitting on a couch crying as people passed by, wondering what the commotion was.

Update: I didn't break my foot, but I did severely sprain it. Yay me, right? I was given a boot and crutches. I've been using the elevator ever since.

So next time you get in the elevator to the second floor and someone gives you a nasty look, remember this story. You don't want to be me. I don't want to be me. Elevators are your best friend. Just try not to get stuck in one.