My Post-Election Playlist

My Post-Election Playlist

Ten songs to help you cope with the 2016 election.
25

Whether you voted for Trump, Hillary, or no one at all, everyone seems to be stuck in a post-election slump. For us younger voters, the Clinton vs. Trump election felt like an episode of "punk'd" where we were all waiting for Ashton Kutcher to run out and tell us this is all a massive joke. A lot of us are still trying to accept the outcome, so here is my post-election playlist to help you all move on.

1. Shake it off by Taylor Swift.

"In my mind

Saying, "It's gonna be alright."

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I shake it off, I shake it off."

Shoutout Taylor for helping us feel like we can shake off this election.

2. So Appalled by Kanye West.

"I'm so appalled Spalding ball,

Baldin' Donald Trump, takin' dollars from y'all."

For all the Trump haters. Kanye 2020.

3. Keep Ya Head Up by Tupac Shakur.

"We ain't meant to survive, cause it's a setup

And even if you're fed up

Huh, ya got to keep your head up."

Tupac had love for his people, and wanted them to do better, still loving his positivism.

4. My President (remix) by Jay-Z.

"My President is black, in fact he's half-white

So even in a racist mind he's half right

If you have racist mind you'll be a'ight

My President is black but his house is all white

Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther could walk

Martin Luther walked so Barack Obama could run

Barack Obama ran so all the children could fly."

Although Obama is about to be out of office, we can still appreciate the things he's done for our country.

5. Alright by Kendrick Lamar.

"Homie you f****d up

But if God got us then we gon' be alright

N***a, we gon' be alright."

With having faith on our side, nothing can harm us. Be hopeful!

6. Don't Panic by Coldplay.

"All that we fought for,

Homes, places we've grown,

All of us are done for.

And we live in a beautiful world,

Yeah we do, yeah we do."

This Coldplay song is so soothing it will make you wonder why you were upset in the first place.

7. Float On by Modest Mouse.

"Don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on alright

Already we'll all float on alright."

Just a cute floating hedgehog to remind us bad things will always get better.

8. We Take Care of Our Own by Bruce Springsteen.

"From Chicago to New Orleans

From the muscle to the bone

From the shotgun shack to the Superdome

There ain’t no help, the cavalry stayed home

There ain’t no one hearing the bugle blowin’

We take care of our own

We take care of our own

Wherever this flag’s flown

We take care of our own."

Powerful stuff as usual, said from the Boss himself.

9. Where is the love by the Black Eyed Peas.

"Father, Father, Father help us

Send some guidance from above

'Cause people got me, got me questionin'

Where is the love?"

Just a gentle reminder that this world will crumble without true genuine love. This song will help you open your eyes to love people. Love your family, friends, strangers, everyone.

10. Three Little Birds by Bob Marley.

"Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "

A song with such a positive upbeat vibe.The ultimate feel good song to make you feel that everything is gonna be all right.