Eight Things Sorority Girls Should Stop Doing

21

Sorority girls have the privilege of being some of the prettiest girls on campus.

They also know what they want and how to get it. There are times however, when it seems as if they took these advantages and ran a little too far with them. The following are things that Sorority girls should give up:

1. Wearing oversized T-shirts. Not one guy thinks that this trend is appropriate or attractive. If your goal is to have the people you see in class not recognize you when they see you downtown, this is your best bet. Judging by the heels you wore all night at the bar last weekend, comfort actually does not seem to be high on your priorities list. Speaking of heels...

2. Wearing heels that are too high. There are only two scenarios that follow a sorority girl wearing heels downtown. One: They are coming off, and her bare feet will be getting stepped on, spilled on and downright dirty. Two: Anyone who wants to talk to the resilient girl who kept her heels on will be stuck sitting in the same place for the remainder of the night because her feet will be too tired to stand or to walk anywhere else.

3. Treating Nike shorts as everyday attire. If your walk to class constitutes as your daily workout, you’re doing it wrong. It’s Fall, and every guy is thanking the seasons for the inevitable switch from Nike shorts to yoga pants.

4. Coming to college solely to receive your Mrs. Degree. This is a dangerous mindset for all parties involved. From a guy’s perspective, a casual conversation may very well turn into “Good Morning :)” texts within the week. From a girl’s perspective, it is a changing world that may not accept that you majored in trying to be a house wife.

5. Getting mad at the guy that bought you a Cranberry Vodka rather than a Screwdriver. A free drink is a free drink. Even if the gentleman who bought it for you won't remember buying it the next morning, bank accounts never forget. So be appreciative that he ordered the first, and probably only, girly drink that he knows. After all, beggars can’t be choosers.

6. Treating a pregame as a picture party. If more pictures are taken then shots, it’s not a pregame. Every acceptable picture is going to end up on Facebook anyway, so is there really a need for all five cameras to take the same one? Unless you are going to a social or formal, keep in mind that this weekend’s pictures are the same as last weekend’s pictures, just in a different dress.

7. Thinking that you can drink as much as the guys you're with. You can’t. Biologically, it’s impossible. Socially, it’s impractical. There will always be that girl that doesn’t know her limits, and right beside her that unlucky soul holding her hair.

8. Thinking  that anything goes in a Fraternity house. It doesn’t. Rules are a little different than the average living complex, but it is still someone’s home. All of the things in and around the house were paid for by some member of the Fraternity. That’s not your liquor. That’s not your chaser. That’s not your dog. That’s not your house.