8 Netflix Classics You Cannot Live Without This Quarantine

If you haven't watched every one of these shows, are you really living?

8
TV that says Netflix

I've had a lot of time to watch, think, and ponder my favorite Netflix binge-worthy shows during quarantine. Can anyone else relate?

1. "The Office"

Cheesy, cute, sweet, and addictive. All words to describe many things, but "The Office" takes the cake. Speaking of cake, why do they throw so many birthday parties and always have different cakes? This makes my sweet tooth peak. Anyways, if you have yet to see "The Office" and want to know what all the hype is about, it's precious, slightly cheesy, and timeless. With numerous seasons, you'll be watching this classic on repeat. (Side note, has anyone else noticed that all of Pam and Jim's special times happen while its raining?)

2. "Cheers"

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, right? You want to be where you can see our troubles are all the same. Visiting this quaint, high-energy bar in Boston makes you feel cozy as you watch characters from all walks of life interact and live their lives! From Carla Tortelli, the spitfire of a cocktail waitress and mother to eight children, to Sam Malone, a former Red Sox pitcher and recovered alcoholic who owns the bar (yes, you read that correctly), the character traits represent all walks and challenges of life. This is one TV show that can make you feel at home.

3. "Riverdale"

I followed this eerie, yet fascinating, TV show all through high school and cannot wait for season 5 to come out in 2021. The mysteries, tragedies, and reality of small town drama comes alive in this TV show based off the Archie Comics. Follow the narrator Jughead Jones, played by Cole Sprouse (yes, Cody of "Zack and Cody"), through the twisted lives of a friend group always solving a mystery. The good, bad, and the in-between surface in "Riverdale" to keep you coming back for more!

4. "Gilmore Girls"

Where you lead, I will follow! This classic has many seasons and thank God for it. You can follow the lives of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, a close mother and daughter pair, as they navigate school, life, "the grandparents," relationships, and all things life has to offer in an absolutely hilarious fashion. If you have never watched "Gilmore Girls," it is time to fix that ASAP!

5. "Once Upon A Time"

I must say, I have not watched this show in too long and watching it for the fourth time is next on my list. A show where fairy tale characters are cursed to live in a real life town and they don't even know they're actually fairy tale characters? Seasons upon seasons of fairy tale fun mixed with a real life tint makes for seven seasons of quality, binge-worthy material.

6. "H2O: Just Add Water"

Did you want to be a mermaid in fourth grade? It's okay, me too. This TV show was the epitome of my nine year old life to the point where I begged my mom for a mermaid tale for Christmas. Taking place in an island near Australia, "H2O" takes you through the typical lives of three 21st century mermaids trying to keep their secret from those in the human lives they lead. Why did Chloe and Lewis break up? That question still haunts me ten years later, time to repeat this classic show once I finish "Cheers" for the eighth time.

7. "A Series of Unfortunate Events"

Talk about a rollercoaster ride! This Netflix original, based off the "Series of Unfortunate Events" novels, follows the Baudelaire orphans through their trials and tribulations to hold on to their family fortune. Lemony Snicket consistently tells you not to keep watching because of the tragedy that follows, but he very well knows - the show is irresistible! This definitely makes the top eight of binge-worthy classics!

8. "Outer Banks"

Although this show is new, I'm already deeming it a classic. It's another Netflix original that makes the top eight as John B and his gang of Pogues dive headfirst into the mystery of a shipwreck that is somehow connected to John B's "lost at sea" father. Navigate the waters with the rival Pogues and Kooks as many await the second season of Outer Banks in another year.

These are my personal top eight favorite shows! The ones that fell short (off this list anyway) are "Stranger Things," "Grey's Anatomy," "Criminal Minds," "House of Cards," "13 Reasons Why," and "Glee" - all ICONIC binge-worthy shows to watch on Netflix once you make it through the first eight.