Eight Gifts Littles Love

Eight Gifts Littles Love

7
Eight Gifts Littles Love

One of the most memorable weeks of joining a sorority is Big/Little week. Each day prior to reveal, your newest family member is lavished with gifts, making her feel like a princess. However, sometimes it is hard to come up with gift ideas in order to make each day unique and special for your new baby. Here are a few ideas that always work like a charm,  to make spoiling your little that much easier.

1. Make cute letters. Whether Greek or simply her initial, take advantage of paint, glitter, rhinestones, flowers, etc. so that she can display her new house proudly. This is one craft that requires little to no time, but still looks awesome when finished. Take advantage of YouTube paint tutorials! There are many step-by-step Lily Pulitzer painting videos that look great and are pretty simple to make.

2. Colorful canvases go a long way. Canvases can be purchased in bulk for a cheap price and there is so much that can be done to make each one stand out. Be creative and unique.

3. Decorative bottles and wine glasses. These always look cute on display. Spray paint and paint pens help a lot for this craft. If you want to put a lot of time into them, you can bejewel the entire bottle (which is what my big did for me), and it looks awesome!

4. Buy a letter bag online or at Spartan Corner. Yeah, these are not the cheapest, but they end up being so useful and they are super cute. It would be a fun big/little date to go pick out the fabric together, so she gets a say in what pattern she’ll be carrying around.

5. Buy lettered apparel. Sweatshirts or quarter-zips are often more popular than the bags, because pricing is similar. So it is up to your discretion which you would prefer. My big gave me the website http://themonogramexpress.com/ and had me pick my own fabric for my letters, so that it was here in time for Initiation.

6. Sorority girls love spirit jerseys. Period. There are so many different colors available and they are very customizable. A lot of times they must be ordered in bulk, so you can do a group order with your friends for all of your littles. It will be significantly cheaper and that way you can decide whether you want your chapter name, founding year, Michigan State, or whatever else, below your sorority’s name. They are super cute and very comfortable for those late night lib trips. 

7. Buy her a fanny pack! These are similar to spirit jerseys and they are a lot cheaper if bought in bulk. Fanny packs can be less than $10, but are so useful. When I got mine during Big/Little week I had no idea what I was going to use it for, but I ended up wearing it to every tailgate. It is so convenient to have your phone, keys and other important belongings all in one place, attached to your body so you don’t lose anything. Plus, there are many neon colors available, which adds a little something to the typical green and white tailgate outfit.

8. Make a homemade fleece blanket. In my sorority, our bigs all made tie blankets, which is very quick and easy to accomplish. I cannot tell you how much use I have gotten out of this thing and how many beds it hopped during spring break, this past year. Everyone loves a comfortable, transportable blanket, especially with sentimental value.