An Egg Holds The World Record For Most Liked Instagram Photo

An Egg Now Holds the World Record for The Most Liked Instagram Photo, Yes You Read That Right

Yeah, an egg, you read that right.

11

On January fourth an account with the user name of @world_record_egg posted a photo of an egg with the caption "Let's set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this".

After catching worldwide attention and being shared by tons and tons of Instagram users, the account reached its goal. In fact it surpassed the goal along with Kylie Jenners Instagram post (Kylie herself even liked the photo of the egg)! The post slid in (as of January 16) with 44,363,282 likes. However, it is not done.

The picture is still accumulating tens of thousands of likes every time you refresh the post! The creator of the account has even gone as far as to create merch that includes black and white t-shirts with the saying "I liked the egg" written in yellow. There is also a twitter page associated with the record-breaking egg that is attempting to break the Twitter record for most retweeted tweet of all time. The owner of the page posted "Let's set a world record together and get the most retweeted tweet on Twitter. Beating the current world record held by Yusaka Maezawa (5.3 million).

The famous egg has now caught the attention of some pretty famous people also. Ellen Degeneres dedicated an entire segment on her show to the egg along with multiple Instagram posts about the egg. Other celebrities have given it attention also. Content creators such as Ryan Trahan have made Youtube videos about it, Emma Chamberlain has tweeted about it, and even Dr. Phil McGraw made an Instagram post about it! This egg has gained global social media fame (which is honestly a sentence I never thought would occur). So I would say 2019 is off to a pretty interesting start.