5 Effortless Ways To Optimize Productivity Without Waking Up At 4 A.M.

"Optimize productivity without sacrificing your mental health or sleep"

14

According to my observations, there are two types of people during the New Year. The skeptical type that does not believe in new years resolutions, because they are aware that they do not have the willpower nor dedication to follow through. The other type is overly enthusiastic people who believe a new year will drastically transform their lives. This category of people, which I used to be a part of, come up with unrealistic resolutions such as "wake up at 4:00 AM every school day." There is middway where one can make positive changes in their productivity with minimal effort.

Leave your phone downstairs

When its out of your sight, its out of your mind. Even workoholics eventually get distracted by the glowing screen sitting on the desk next to them. Another option is to keep your phone all the way across the room, so you will not be tempted to pick it up every five minutes to check if you received any new messages.

Incorporate learning into your everyday life

While getting ready in the morning, I listen to lectures on YouTube related to the subject that I have a test on soon. It helps me wake up, and I also absorb information better in the morning. I am a visual and auditory learner, so this technique is helpful. Other instances to listen to lectures are car/bus drives, completing chores, the gym, and while completing monotonous tasks that do not involve much focus or concentration.

Do the opposite of what is advised

Some motivational speakers swear by the instance that waking up at 4:00 a.m. transforms people from coach potatoes into a successful business owners This may be true for certain individuals, but for most, waking up at 4:00 a.m is unnecessecary. Work hard in the daytime hours as if you will never see the sun again.

Timer

When given a narrow time bracket to complete a task, the more likely you are to get it done quickly. I set timers based on the task (more time for lengthier tasks), and by the time it rings I must finish a particular task such as completing my AP World History reading questions or my Precalculus homework.

Concentration-Inducing Study Music