Position: Editorial Intern

Location: New York, NY

Odyssey is a Gen Z and young Millennial opinion-sharing platform that endeavors to facilitate positive impact through authentic and meaningful discourse. We facilitate this by providing:

• A constructive space for anyone to share and discover authentic perspectives.
  • The resources Creators need to become more effective storytellers.
  • Next-step opportunities for everyone to respond and take action.

Launched digitally in 2014 and headquartered in New York City, Odyssey initiates over 7,000 authentic conversation-starters a month from an active creator base of over 2,500. Odyssey's website reached 105 million people in 2018 (publishing nearly 1 million pieces of content to-date from 126,000 Creators) and currently indexes #1 (comScore 2019) compared to all major competitive Gen Z + Millennial female digital publishing properties in the market.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Odyssey is seeking creative, driven, and organized Editorial Interns to assist our editorial team in managing weekly content production, editing, and curation. Our interns will assist the broader team in end-to-end content production, from pitching and ideation to curation and distribution across all channels.

The content verticals our Editorial Interns will be focusing on are: entertainment (think: celebrities, music, TV and film, etc.), sports (think: high school and college athletics, sports news, etc), student life (think: student housing, greek organizations, extracurriculars, etc.), and adulting (think: careers, family life, finance).

RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Manage content production and curation across assigned content verticals.
  • Ideate content with the broader team to develop the editorial calendar across assigned content verticals.
  • Collaborate with the social and growth teams to effectively distribute the content you manage.
  • Serve as a resource for Odyssey creators who submit their content to your assigned vertical(s).
  • Assist in the coordination and execution of content and/or social campaigns.
  • Understand and effectively communicate Odyssey's brand and key value proposition to users and partners.
  • Be an advocate for Odyssey's brand both inside and outside the office.

QUALIFICATIONS:

• Experience and/or interest in digital content in the following verticals: entertainment, sports, student life, young professionals
  • A firm understanding of social platforms that young millennials/Gen Z users are active on (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
  • Availability 10-15 hours per week
  • Must be based in the Greater New York City area or be able to commute
  • Bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus

At Odyssey, our culture is at the heart of our company. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plan, and generous Time Off. All benefits are subject to change. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US for any employer.

Read more about us at https://www.theodysseyonline.com

Interested parties should email resumes to careers@theodysseyonline.com