7 Modern Classics To Jam Out To Under The Christmas Tree This Holiday Season

These songs will have you rocking around the Christmas tree, guaranteed.

31

Listening to Christmas songs is a tradition held by many households around Christmas time.

Families gather around the Christmas tree or dinner table and look at Christmas lights as they listen and sing along to classic Christmas songs.

It's a rite of passage for every artist to release a holiday single or album.

Some artists even release full Christmas albums dedicating to honoring classic Christmas songs performed in their signature style. Personally, it's hard to make a Christmas song that gets added to the classic Christmas playlist that plays every year.

There are a few modern Christmas songs that have earned the honor of being a part of my Christmas playlist.

Here are seven modern Christmas songs that are sure to be holiday classics!

1. "You Make It Feel Like Christmas" by Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton

I am a huge fan of Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton, but this song can make anyone a fan. This song has a classic feel with a modern twist. It a sweet, carefree, and romantic song that captures the fun side of the Christmas spirit.

2. "Christmas Tree Farm" by Taylor Swift

One of the best part of Christmas is keeping up your family traditions while creating new memories that will last forever. This song captures the nostalgic side of the Christmas spirit that comes with spending Christmas with your significant other.

3. "The Perfect Gift" by Joshua Basset

If you're a fan of "High School Musical: The Series," you will love this song because it had its debut on the show. This song captures the Christmas spirit of spending Christmas with your loved ones and knowing that no gift can come close to the gift that they have been on your life.

4. "Christmas in the Country" by Thomas Rhett

I love this song because it captures the spirit of spending Christmas in the countryside with your family and friends.

5. "Lit this Year" by Florida Georgia Line

I love this song because it captures the fun party side of Christmas that you experience when you get older.

6. "Christmas In The Sand" by Colbie Caillat

This is a perfect song to listen to when spending Christmas in the tropics. As a Florida girl, I love listening to this song while hanging with my friends and family on the beach.

7. "Believe" by Josh Groban

This song is from the "Polar Express," one of my favorite Christmas movies. This song is an instant classic and makes us feel like we are experiencing the picture-perfect Christmas that we all grew up watching.