You know how great it feels when someone does something so little for you, but it means so much? Why not be that person for someone else? Here are 15 easy ways to make someone smile a little bit brighter.
1. Text a friend just to check-in.
It takes 30 seconds, and it shows how much you care.
2. Tell someone you love them.
I am a firm believer that you cannot overuse "I love you" when said genuinely.
3. Tell someone, "that color looks great on you!".
They will remember it every time they wear that color, and it will make them look more confident.
4. Buy the next person's coffee.
This one simple and kind act can cause a huge ripple effect, leaving tons of people you don't even know to smile.
5. Tip extra.
Some people live on tips. Don't be afraid to give a little extra—especially in today's world.
6. Compliment someone's character.
Imagine someone casually telling you that they just love who you are as a person. That is so powerful.
7. Ask about their day.
When someone asks me this and listens to the response, I feel so valued.
8. Compliment part of someone's outfit.
Every time they wear that shirt or those shoes, they'll feel exactly how they felt when you told them that: like a rockstar.
9. Tell a joke.
Laughter is the best medicine! (And maybe they can steal it later when in desperate need of an icebreaker.)
10. Leave your roommate a sweet note.
Sometimes our closest friends still need a reminder of our love and appreciation.
11. Do the chores your parents dread without having to be asked.
My mother is always so appreciative when she comes home from work and I have done the chores she dreads to come home to.
12. Buy someone flowers.
FLOWERS ARE NOT JUST FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS! THEY MEAN MORE ON RANDOM TUESDAYS.
13. Call someone just to say hi and hear their voice.
It will make them feel so loved and important.
14. Send a good friend a thoughtful letter.
I cannot even describe the feeling when I get a letter from a dear friend recounting all the silly details of her week and love life.
15. Just tell them you're thinking about them.
Do you ever wonder who thinks about you? Why leave those on your mind left wondering? Let them know how valued, loved, and important they are.