Best Vegan Dishes For Thanksgiving You'll Want To Try

Thanksgiving in the United States is the ultimate holiday for foodies. But if you're vegan or vegetarian, sometimes it can be difficult getting together with other people who do not share your lifestyle. You may feel like your plate is loaded with side dishes and that it's not truly a 'real' Thanksgiving meal.

But you can give thanks for the fact that your plate is cruelty-free, and this list of yummy vegan-friendly Thanksgiving dishes proves that being a vegan is a great thing to be on Thanksgiving!

1. Creamy, dreamy vegan mashed potatoes.

Mashed potatoes are a classic, but who wants all that butter and gravy? Try these vegan caramelized onion mashed potatoes or this vegan garlic and rosemary mash. These recipes prove you don't need dairy or meat to make mashed potatoes a smash hit!

2. Classic mac & cheese.

I think that we can all agree that macaroni and cheese is one of the best foods on the planet, am I right? So bring this amazing vegan mac and cheese in your best casserole dish.

3. Spicy rosemary butternut squash.

One of my favorite seasonal foods is butternut squash. Turn this versatile veggie into an amazing side or main dish with this easy, delicious recipe!

4. Vegan stuffing.

Stuffing is something you only ever eat on Thanksgiving, but it's so freakin' good. Sometimes you can be hard-pressed to find a version that doesn't use stock, but this vegan recipe is easy to follow and classic.

5. Chicken-less pot pies.

These mini meat-free pot pies are a fun, hand-held entree that will please both children and adults alike!

6. Stuffed acorn squash.

You'll fall for these adorable, healthy vegan stuffed acorn squashes.

7. Cruelty-free lasagna.

Lasagna is a dish that can feed a large crowd. Try this vegan version at your Thanksgiving dinner!

8. Plant-based dumplings.

This year, think outside the box and make dumplings! They're delicious and you can easily adjust the recipe for the size of your get-together. Try these pumpkin dumplings that can be adjusted to your preferences.

9. Vegan pumpkin pie.

What's fall without pumpkin? You need this vegan pumpkin pie in your life, now. 'Tis the season.

10. Maple pecan pie

Pie usually contains a ton of butter and eggs... but this maple pecan pie is vegan: no butter, no eggs, no corn syrup, no processed white sugar. YAY!