Best Vegan Dishes For Thanksgiving You'll Want To Try

10 Vegan Thanksgiving Dishes That Prove You Don’t Have To Kill Turkeys To Slay A Thanksgiving Meal

Who says you should be stuck eating side dishes?

219

Thanksgiving in the United States is the ultimate holiday for foodies. But if you're vegan or vegetarian, sometimes it can be difficult getting together with other people who do not share your lifestyle. You may feel like your plate is loaded with side dishes and that it's not truly a 'real' Thanksgiving meal.

But you can give thanks for the fact that your plate is cruelty-free, and this list of yummy vegan-friendly Thanksgiving dishes proves that being a vegan is a great thing to be on Thanksgiving!

1. Creamy, dreamy vegan mashed potatoes.

Mashed potatoes are a classic, but who wants all that butter and gravy? Try these vegan caramelized onion mashed potatoes or this vegan garlic and rosemary mash. These recipes prove you don't need dairy or meat to make mashed potatoes a smash hit!

2. Classic mac & cheese.

I think that we can all agree that macaroni and cheese is one of the best foods on the planet, am I right? So bring this amazing vegan mac and cheese in your best casserole dish.

3. Spicy rosemary butternut squash.

One of my favorite seasonal foods is butternut squash. Turn this versatile veggie into an amazing side or main dish with this easy, delicious recipe!

4. Vegan stuffing.

Stuffing is something you only ever eat on Thanksgiving, but it's so freakin' good. Sometimes you can be hard-pressed to find a version that doesn't use stock, but this vegan recipe is easy to follow and classic.

8. Plant-based dumplings.

This year, think outside the box and make dumplings! They're delicious and you can easily adjust the recipe for the size of your get-together. Try these pumpkin dumplings that can be adjusted to your preferences.

10. Maple pecan pie

Pie usually contains a ton of butter and eggs... but this maple pecan pie is vegan: no butter, no eggs, no corn syrup, no processed white sugar. YAY!