5 Simple But Show-Stopping Recipes For Your Next Friendsgiving

For those of us who are a little on the lazy side.

10

Mac & Cheese

macaronis in bowl on plate Photo by Hermes Rivera on Unsplash

While Mac & Cheese isn't the most traditional Thanksgiving food, everyone at your Friendsgiving is gonna love it.

You can buy a couple of boxes of mac and cheese anywhere, and, after those boxes are made, throw them all together in a nice glass bowl to bring to your friends house. If you want to get a little fancy, crumble up some Ritz crackers and sprinkle them on top for a little extra ~spice~.

Buffalo Chicken Dip and Chips

cooked food in bowl Photo by Roberto Carlos Roman on Unsplash

My roommate came up with her own recipe for this dip and all of our friends love it! You're gonna need:

1. 1 Cream Cheese block

2. 2 cups cooked shredded Chicken

3. 1/2 cup Ranch dressing

4. 1/2 cup Frank's red hot

5. 1/2 cup Blue cheese

6. 1/2 cup sharp cheddar

Mix up all of these ingredients and bake in an 8 by 8 pan at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and you will have a wonderful dip to present to your Friendsgiving guests. It's best served with Tostitos chips.

Chocolate Pretzel Rods

brown and white food on white ceramic plate Photo by American Heritage Chocolate on Unsplash

These really bring me back to my childhood during the holidays, when my entire family would dip and decorate each pretzel for our neighbor's Holiday Party. All you need is:

1. Chocolate chips for Baking

2. Pretzel rods

3. Multiple types of Jimmies (I'm sorry, "Sprinkles")

Melt the chocolate chips by emptying the bag into a glass bowl, and putting that bowl over a pot of boiling water. This way, the chocolate chips won't burn (trying to melt them all in the microwave was not a pleasant experience).

Once the chocolate cools off a little bit, coat about 3/4ths of the pretzel in it. Then after you sprinkle your jimmies/jimmy your sprinkles on the newly coated pretzels, put them on a large plate and place them in the refrigerator so the chocolate can solidify.

Bruschetta

vegetable-toppes bread slices Photo by Margarita Zueva on Unsplash

Don't let the name deceive you, this recipe is actually pretty simple to make. I know some recipes call for multiple complicated ingredients, but you can make it as simple as you want! All you need for the simple version is:

1. a baguette

2. mild tomato salsa

3. basil

4. balsamic vinegar

After you have all of your ingredients, all you need to do is slice your baguette, toast the slices, then put the salsa on it as a base, drizzle the balsamic vinegar, then garnish with basil to make it look fancy.

Mashed Potatoes

potatoes Photo by Hai Nguyen on Unsplash

If you're looking to make something a little more traditional to Thanksgiving, mashed potatoes are as easy as they come! All you need is:

1. 2 pounds of peeled baked potatoes

2. 2 Tablespoons of butter

3. 1 cup of milk

4. Salt and Pepper

For instructions: Basic Mashed Potatoes

Happy Friendsgiving!