6 Easy Fried Food Recipes That Foodies Can Master

9 Easy Fried Food Recipes Foodies Can Master The First Time Around

For the people that love food and want to brag about their newfound skills in the cooking world.

192

First and foremost...

Some of these recipes stem from apps and other websites. But when I made them, I did different things to my own liking to make them tailored to my pickiness and taste.

Also, these recipes use basically all of the same ingredients, which makes them convenient and even easier. I hope you like them and try to make them!

1. Potato Cheese Balls

This recipe is my absolute favorite. It's also the first fried food I've ever made and it turned out incredible! If you want to show off and don't mind taking the time to make these, this recipe is the one for you!

Ingredients:

Potatoes, butter, spices, oil, cheese of your choice, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, and milk

How to:

1. Boil, peel, and mash the potatoes with butter, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.

2. Form small disks with the mashed potatoes using flour to help with sticking.

3. Press cheese into the center of the mashed potato disks and form into balls.

4. Roll potato ball in flour, beaten egg mixture, and then breadcrumbs.

5. Fry in oil for 5-6 minutes.

6. Dry on paper towel and sprinkle with salt and parsley!

2. Onion Rings with Homemade Breadcrumbs

This one is harder than the cheese balls but just as good!

Ingredients:

Bread, crackers, onions, spices, flour, eggs, milk, and oil

How to:

1. Toast the bread to get it crunchy, then blend in a blender with the crackers. Wala! Your own homemade breadcrumbs!

2. Cut your onion and separate the rings.

3. Prepare your flour mixture by adding spices of your choice to the flour. Beat two eggs and some milk together.

4. Heat up oil to medium.

5. Coat the raw onion rings with flour, then add the flour mixture to the beaten eggs and milk. Coat your onion rings with that mixture and then with the breadcrumbs.

6. Fry your onion rings for 3-4 minutes.

7. Dry on paper towel and sprinkle with salt and parsley!

3. Fried Rice, Chicken, and Veggie Balls

This recipe is similar to the potato cheese balls but switches up the ingredients. I personally use white rice and chicken, but you can always swap those out for beef, fried rice, or any other meat. I use the spices to mix in with the flour and breadcrumbs that coat the balls. I add spices to both so that there's no missing out on any flavor!

Ingredients:

Cooked rice, chicken, veggie of your choice, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, oil, and spices

How to:

1. Combine the cooked rice, chicken and veggies together. If they don't stick together easily, add in an egg.

2. Form the rice, chicken, and veggies into balls and freeze for 30 minutes. It's important to freeze so they don't fall apart when you're frying!

3. Coat with flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs.

4. Fry in oil for 7-8 minutes.

5. Dry on paper towel and sprinkle with salt and parsley!

4. Mac and Cheese Sticks

This one is super easy. All I do here is either whip up a pot of mac and cheese from the box OR use leftover mac and cheese.

How to:

1. Spread the mac and cheese on a flat tray pan and freeze for 30 minutes.

2. Cut the mac and cheese into rectangles (mozzarella stick size).

3. Coat with flour, beaten eggs, then breadcrumbs.

4. Fry in oil for 5-6 minutes.

5. Fried Oreo Ice Cream Bars

Yay! Finally something sweet! This recipe is one of my favorites and might sound a little weird, because why would someone fry ice cream? Because it's delicious, that's why!

Ingredients:

Good Humor Oreo ice cream bars, crushed vanilla wafers, eggs, and oil

How to:

1. Let the ice cream bar sit for a few minutes to melt a little.

2. Dip the ice cream bars in beaten eggs, then in the crushed vanilla wafers.

3. Fry the bars for 10-15 seconds only.

4. Pat the bars on a paper towel to remove the excess oil and freeze. After freezing for a few minutes, enjoy!

6. Fried Ravioli

Just like the mac and cheese sticks, you can use frozen ravioli with any foods of your choice inside or make them yourself! For me, I like to get frozen ones with different cheeses inside.

How to:

1. Dip the ravioli into a beaten egg mixture then into breadcrumbs.

2. Fry in oil and sprinkle with parsley! Enjoy!

You can dip the ravioli in a marinara/tomato sauce to make it even yummier!

7. Fried Cheese Dumplings (Gyoza)

This snack is a little time consuming but worth the cheesiness! Folding the gyoza wrappers may take some time to master as well. But it's a fun recipe to do with the family.

Ingredients:

Gyoza wrappers, cheese of your choice, egg wash, and soy sauce

How to:

1. Place a small amount of cheese into the center of the gyoza wrapper.2. Brush the edges with egg wash, fold over, and press to seal.

2. Fry the dumplings in oil until golden brown and crispy.

3. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy! You can use soy sauce or sriracha for dipping!

8. Spinach Artichoke Onion Rings

These last two recipes are a lot more complicated than the previous ones. They're also the ones I have yet to attempt making. So I wish you luck on mastering these savory, delicious expert recipes! I would go all out and make the spinach artichoke dip from scratch, but it's totally okay if you use the pre-made stuff.

Ingredients:

1 clove garlic, fresh spinach, cream cheese, artichoke heart, shredded mozzarella cheese, white onion, flour, beaten egg mixture, panko breadcrumbs, oil, salt, and pepper

How to:

1. Saute garlic and spinach until spinach is wilted.

2. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, salt, and pepper.

3. Peel, slice. and detach the onion into rings.

4. Fill each onion ring with the spinach artichoke dip mixture.

5. Place the filled onion rings in the freezer until solid (about one hour)

6. Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Dip a ring into the flour, into the egg, and then the breadcrumbs.

7. Dip them back into the egg mixture, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.

8. Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden brown. Remove excess oil with a paper towel and enjoy!

9. Fried Chicken Rice Burger

And finally, the most difficult of all (at least to me!).

Ingredients:

2 chicken thighs, soy sauce, garlic, flour, potato starch, white rice, spices, honey, mayonnaise, ketchup, lettuce, and oil

How to:

1. Put chicken thighs in a bag, season to your liking with spices, and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.

2. Put potato starch and flour in a bowl and mix well.3. Heat frying oil to 350°F, add chicken and fry.

4. Mix mayonnaise, honey, and ketchup to make a signature sauce.

5. Put rice in a container. Wrap in saran wrap and press with a small tool to shape it.

6. Put sesame oil in a frying pan and cook rice buns. When they turn golden, take them out.

7. Assemble burger with fried chicken, lettuce, signature sauce, and the rice buns. Enjoy!

I can't wait to try this one out!