What Happens When You Give The East Coast A Snow Storm

All the things that happen when we hear the word snow.
285

When you give the East Coast a snow storm, certain things start happening. People experience one of two emotions, excitement or fear. You would think after all these years that we wouldn't freak out every time we hear the word snow.

Right now, the grocery store shelves are bare and void of bread, water, and canned goods and Home Depot and Lowe's are packed with people trying to get generators. The stores are packed full of frustrated people just trying to prepare for this winter storm. These are the people that experience fear and are scared they are going to be stranded in their homes for a period of time.

The fear also goes along with staying off the roads. The icy conditions make it hard to navigate;however, there are some circumstances that make it difficult to stay off the roads.

People have to go to work and this leads to families being freaked out that their loved ones are braving the cold and ice and could possibly be in danger. While this fear is justified, it leads to the question of whether it is ethical for businesses to risk the lives of their employees just to make money.

On the other end of the scale, you have those experiencing excitement. These are more of the school kids that are happy to have a snow day and not go to school. They are thrilled at the prospect of being able to sled and throw snowballs and make snow angels. For some of these children it is their first time seeing snow and it is a magical moment.

Whatever the emotion you are feeling, remember to stay safe and warm. The extreme temperatures the snow brings can lead to hypothermia and other scary conditions. Take breaks and drink plenty of hot chocolate because when you give the East Coast a snow storm, staying warm and cozy is a must.