9 Struggles You Have Being An Early Bird In College

You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm!

274

Most people have these preconceived ideas about people in college that all we do is party all night and sleep all day. For some people, that's true, but for people like me, not so much. I'm the crazy person you'll see going to get breakfast at 7:30 in the morning, sorry not sorry.

1. Sleepovers are the most awkward thing. Ever.  

Trying to not be annoying but also wake your friend up so you don't have to be awake alone is the most awkward thing.

2. No matter how tired you are, you can't sleep in. 

But my brain is like nope, 7 AM, rise and shine.

3. You can't help but be ready for bed by 9 PM.

I mean, going out sounds great and all, but why do we have to wait until 10 to go downtown? I'm already tired thinking about it.

4. You almost always wake up before your alarm. 

I have to be up by 8? Great, I'll wake up at 6:30.

5. You never get to eat breakfast with your friends. 

I ate breakfast at 7 AM but sure, I'll come sit with you while you eat pancakes at 12 PM.

6. 8 AM classes don't really seem all that bad. 

I mean honestly, I'd be up anyway.

7. You're ready for lunch by 10:30 AM.

When you eat breakfast at 7 AM, it's lunchtime before noon.

8. If for some weird reason you sleep until 9 AM, you feel like you wasted the whole day. 

I may as well have slept until 5 PM because now I don't know what to do with myself.

9. You're literally the only one in a good mood in the mornings. 

While everyone else is dragging at 10 AM, you're ready to go because you've been up for 3 hours.

Being a morning person in college is just flat out weird, but some of us can't help it okay? I wish I was asleep until 11 AM, trust me.