Drinking Alcohol Could Save Your Life

Drinking Alcohol Could Save Your Life

Really, it could!

65
Drinking Alcohol Could Save Your Life
Google

I’m not going to lie to you and tell you that wine isn’t naturally sour and sometimes bitter in taste. In truth, it’s this balance of fruitiness, acidity, bitterness, and body that makes wine such a subtle-yet-captivating beverage. Some people absolutely love drinking wine. However, when it comes to me, I like to drink Moscow Mules.

There have been some studies, that say that wine has been connected to decreasing instances of diabetes.

Diabetes is a chronic medical disease that arises when something in the human body goes wrong with the body's ability to make or use insulin, a hormone that regulates blood sugar.

There are two types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 develops when the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin. Type 2, which accounts for the majority of diabetes cases, results from the body's inability to use insulin effectively. If diabetes is not treated and monitored, it results in a state of hyperglycemia. Over time, this causes serious damage to the body, especially to the heart, eyes, kidneys, blood vessels, and nerves.

Worldwide, the proportion of adults living with diabetes has risen from 4.7 percent in 1980 to 8.5 percent in 2014. In 2015, diabetes was directly responsible for 1.6 million deaths, while another 2.2 million were attributed to high blood sugar in 2012

Wine had the biggest effect, probably because it contains chemical compounds, called polyphenols that regulate blood sugar balance. The chemical is especially abundant in red wine, specifically. However, the scientists have warned that heavy drinking will not help combat the debilitating condition and increases the threat of a host of life-threatening diseases like cancer.

The Danish experts behind the latest study found consuming alcohol three to four days a week resulted in the lowest risk compared to those drinking once a week, reducing the danger by 27 per cent in men and 32 per cent in women.

Yet again, there's even more of a reason why we should enjoy wine. But remember, drink safely and responsibly.