Dress By Your Own Rules, No Matter What Others Say About It
Politics

5 Reasons You Should Dress By Your Own Rules, No Matter What Others Say About It

Because someone can and will always say something.

195

In a world full of lacy lingerie, booty shorts, daring accessories and small crop-tops, fashion seems simple. And the truth is, it can be a simple thing — at least until people make it complicated.

As women, we should be building each other up, but it seems like we've been doing quite the opposite. Over the past few years, I can't stress enough how many times I've learned that someone will always have something to say about you.

Yes, it may suck hearing the truth, but it's better than a lie. Whether it be about your outfit, hair, perfume, personality or something else, someone can and will always say something. It's bound to happen.

In order to live a better life, you must learn to block out the haters and live however the hell you want to live.

To help you out on your journey of learning to dress for you, not others, I put together a list of 5 reasons life is just too short to dress by other's rules. Grab some popcorn, maybe a friend, and listen closely.

You can express yourself through your clothing.

Feeling cute? You can wear a crop top. Feeling sad? You can wear an oversized hoodie.

Whatever the occasion, clothing can help you express your feelings. And, at the end of the day, how good does it feel when you can express yourself with something other than your words? Pretty good, huh?

The haters who slut-shame you are just jealous.

If your friends slut-shame you, guess what? Newsflash: They are jealous!

You can pull off that super chic mini-dress, and they definitely can't. Cheers to you for wearing it so well, girly!

Next time they spout names at you, just keep your head raised high. You know the truth now.

It feels good to be you.

If you live in sweats your whole life, and that's just who you are, then great for you! But if you live in sweats because people tell you to cover up your skin, that's not good for you.

If you dress how you want, and don't listen to what others say, you can be truly happy at the end of the day.

It's what your younger self would want for you.

Sure, life isn't all rainbows and butterflies, like you thought it was during your childhood days. But when you were little, you were yourself — that is, until all the cruel souls of the world came along.

If you went back in time and asked your little-kid self whether they'd want to be themselves or someone else when they were older, they would definitely say to be yourself.

You will regret it later.

Before you know it, life will pass by you. It happens in the blink of an eye.

Down the road, I can promise you that you'll regret following other people's rules. It will be too late soon, so you'd better hurry and strive to make a change — for the better and for yourself.

We live in a shitty world, without a doubt. Society has always frowned upon girls wearing certain things. Slut-shaming is a whole different story.

No matter the hate we get, and names we get called, we should strive to live by our own rules to live the lives we want to live.

It doesn't have to be a huge change all at once. Just start little by little. I promise you that if you do, you will feel better. Life is just too damn short to live by shitty people's standards. Now is the time to start living by your own.