Why I Draw The Line

Recently, a few of America's favorite actresses took to the Internet to tell abortion stories on a few women's behalf. They became part of a new campaign called "I Draw the Line." "I Draw the Line" was created in order to create awareness and to help women keep their constitutional right of deciding what to do with their bodies. The case "Whole Women's Health v. Hellerstedt" has recently been picked up by the United States Supreme Court. The decision of this case will ultimately determine whether the state of Texas can shut down all abortion care providers indefinitely.

Now, whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, the idea that a woman can't make a decision that could save her life is a scary thought to women across the whole nation. What makes "I Draw the Line" special is that actresses such as Elizabeth Banks and Bellamy Young share abortion stories on behalf of everyday women, just like us. The stories ranged from a woman who was just not ready to give a child a deserving life to another woman who would give birth to a child that would not live past their two month check-up.

I chose to write about the "I Draw the Line" campaign because I believe that a woman has a right to her own body and the government should not have a say in what she can or can't do with it. It has even gotten to the point that one day, I don't want to have daughters for fear that they will not have the right to decide what is best for their own bodies. Spreading awareness for this cause is the most important thing we can do, which is why "I Draw the Line" is such an amazing campaign.

For whatever reason you believe what you believe, it is amazing to see celebrities donate their time to such an amazing cause. A woman has a right to her own body and she has the right to decide what to do with her reproductive rights. No man, no politician, no state should be able to take that away from her. "I Draw the Line" is challenging YOU to take the pledge and to draw the line on the takeover of reproductive rights.

Sign the pledge and watch all seven abortion story videos at:

http://www.drawtheline.org

#IDrawTheLine