The Most Dramatic 'Bachelor' Recap Ever

The Most Dramatic 'Bachelor' Recap Ever

Chris Harrison was right on this one.

113
The Most Dramatic 'Bachelor' Recap Ever
ABC / Instagram
DISCLAIMER: This article contains spoilers for the season finale of Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s season of the Bachelor.

I'll never forget the first time I watched "The Bachelor." I was sick with a stomach virus and decided to binge-watch Ben Higgins' season of "The Bachelor" and ever since then, I've been hooked. This past Monday and Tuesday night, what feels like all of America tuned into ABC to watch the season finale of "The Bachelor" and the "After The Final Rose." Chris Harrison said that this would be the most dramatic finale in Bachelor Nation history, and boy was he right. I thought he was just saying that because that's what Chris Harrison says about everything, but that was just an understatement.

I had many, many, many thought while watching the season finale and ATFR, and here are just a few of those thoughts.

1. Lauren's 'Meet the Parents'

Much like Lauren's hometown, I felt like this was very awkward. She seemed very timid and she seemed like she didn't really know what to say. Arie said that he is constantly having to reassure Lauren and I think that showed to Arie's parents and siblings. Arie's siblings even asked him if he has been able to have a real conversation with her because he had expressed in the past that the real conversations were very important to him and Arie seemed very conflicted.

However, this was the first time that I could see just how much she loves Arie and I think Arie's mom brought that out of her. Lauren was falling in love and that was very apparent, but I think she was scared to let herself completely fall in love until her talk with his mom. At the end of the day, I saw more of Lauren that I had all season and we really saw the true Lauren.

2. Becca's 'Meet the Parents'

This went very well, in my opinion. Unlike Lauren, Becca seemed very outgoing and fit right in with his family. However, Arie's mom said that she has her reservations about Becca because of how much she liked Lauren the day. After their talk, she could see how confident Becca was, which is something she didn't see in Lauren. I didn't understand why his family kept bringing up Lauren when they were around Becca. I feel like they weren't capable of getting to know Becca because of how focus they were on comparing the two of them. At the end of this day, I felt like the family was leaning more towards Lauren, based on how much they loved her, but they also said that Becca is the one that makes sense.

3. Lauren's last 1-on-1

I was for sure that he was going to pick Lauren after this date. He made it clear that he was in love with Lauren and even though he still loves Becca, he acted like they were the only 2 people in the world. They both looked like they were in love and envisioned their future the same way. He said that if he had to decide right then, he would choose Lauren, which pretty much seals the deal right then and there.

4. Becca's last 1-on-1

Although you could see how in love with Becca he was, Arie seemed very standoffish in my opinion. Her scrapbook of their relationship was very cute and sentimental and I think it reminded Arie of their relationship and why he fell in love with Becca in the first place. Although, he did say he was thinking about Lauren the whole time, which again, leads us to believe that he is proposing to Lauren in the end.

5. Lauren's breakup

Arie felt very cold during Lauren's break up. He didn't show any emotion or shed a tear the whole time. In fact, he told Lauren that he was sorry and that he loved her too. He said that he decided the morning of the proposal which made me feel like he didn't really know what he was doing and he went on a whim with who he chose and Becca happened to be it.

6. The proposal

Once again, I felt like Arie was very cold and emotionless during the proposal. Like every other bachelor proposal, it was sweet and romantic, but it felt very sketchy. It was like there was an elephant in the room. There was a little bit of foreshadowing after the proposal when Becca's final rose broke, but it was just a coincidence, right?

7. The breakup

Not gonna lie, my heart broke. This was probably the most brutal thing I've ever watched. Becca was so excited about her weekend with Arie but little did she know that he was coming in there to crush her heart.

First off, I'm very happy with how Arie handled things. Do I think he could've handled things in a better way? Absolutely. However, I respect Arie for making sure that this was what his heart was telling him to do before making a rash decision.

Second off, WHY DIDN'T HE LEAVE THE FIRST TIME SHE ASKED? Becca must've asked him to leave 5 times and he was still there. A part of me thinks that he knew what he wanted to say but didn't know how to say it and another part of me feels like he just didn't know what to say or react. I also picked up on how emotionless Arie was. I don't know if he wanted to let Becca have her moment or if he had gotten all of his emotions out Beforehand, but I definitely expected him to show more emotion then what he did.

8. The reunion with Lauren

Arie was very nervous before this, as expected. Once Lauren opened the door, it was VERY apparent that this was not the first time they had spoken to each other since the breakup. I mean, how would you feel if your ex-boyfriend shows up at your doorstep? You wouldn't jump into his arms, right? As we found out later, Arie had reached out to Lauren a few weeks before he ended things with Becca. I was very impressed with how Lauren didn't go back to him immediately after seeing Arie. She questioned him and eventually, she forgave him and agreed to give him another chance.

9. Arie and Becca's chat

There's not really much to say about this. I don't think Becca got the answers she was hoping for, but I don't Arie had the answers. He owned up to what he did and took the blame for it, but also made it very clear that he did what he had to do and he wasn't ashamed nor did he regret what he did. I'm hoping that getting to see what Arie was thinking and why he did what he did gave her the closure she was hoping for.

10. Arie and Lauren's appearance

This seemed like every other couple's first appearance on ATFR. They're happy and in love and talk about their vacation that they are going on and Lauren moving to Scottsdale. It was all that you would expect until Arie proposed to Lauren in front of the crowd and both of their families.

11. BECCA IS THE BACHELORETTE

Not that this is a shock to anyone, but I am very happy that Becca is the next Bachelorette. I think she deserves all the happiness and love and I'm looking forward to watching her find her happily ever after. She had her best friends by her side and said that she did find love on the show because she found her amazing best friends. I don't know about you, but this made me want to text my girl squad and tell them how much I love them.

In the end, Arie got what he wanted, which is love. It might not have been the way we expected, but all we want is love and happiness and now everyone is happy. Arie found his girl, Lauren got her man, and Becca is on the journey to finding her man. Until next time, Bachelor nation. Tune in on May 28th for Becca's Dramatic season of the Bachelorette