Do's And Don'ts Of Living In Tutwiler Hall

The best and worst place you will ever live.

2430

1. Invest in slippers.

I honestly don't think I would have survived my freshman year without my slippers. You will need something easy to slide on when you need to run to the bathroom, or Julia’s really fast, they are also super comfy.

2. Don’t take down decorations.

Your RAs on your floor spend a lot of time and effort into making your floor cute with catchy slogans and pretty colors. Please don’t tear down the construction paper or the decorations outside your neighbor’s door, that’s just mean.

3. Do make friends with everyone on your floor.

You don’t want it to be awkward when you run into your neighbor in the bathroom every morning because you both have an 8 a.m. classes. Make friends with everyone and don’t be shy. You are all in the same boat.

4. Don’t take the elevator if you live on the third floor.

This should be a given, because if you take the elevator up two flights of stairs you are lazy. If you have your laundry etc. that is fine, but otherwise take the stairs. The unspoken rule last year was if you lived on the fifth floor and up you can take the elevator.

5. Do clean your own hair out of the showers.

Nothing is as gross as the multi-colored hair blob that piles over the shower drains and floods the showers. Do everyone a favor and pick your hair up.

6. Don’t be the loud, obnoxious girl on your floor.

When coming home late after a night out attempt to be as quite as possible, I know it can be hard, but it sucks when girls are screaming about their night out when you are trying to sleep. Or even if you are an early bird on Sunday mornings, when most girls will sleep until noon, try to turn down the volume. Also, remember the walls are paper-thin and your neighbors can hear everything you say.

7. Do wake up early on game days to shower.

Every Saturday there is a home game there will most likely never be hot water considering every girl in all 14 floors will be showering after going out to the band parties the night before. It is worth the struggle to wake up early to get your hot water.

8. Don’t miss the toilet when vomiting.

This sounds so utterly gross, but it tends to happen. Don’t puke in the sink, hallway carpet or all over the stalls after a night out or the morning after. Remember the cleaning ladies don’t clean on the weekends, so it will stay there for however many days until Monday morning when the cleaning ladies clean up your mess.

9. Do double-check your washer.

This may sound like an odd piece of advice, but I personally wasted a crazy amount of money last year on the old washers Tut provided. The washers and dryers eat up your money and then don’t work. Sometimes you will press start and then come back in 40 minutes to find your clothes still as soaking wet as you left them.