The 7 Dos and Don'ts of Hook-Up Culture

The 7 Dos and Don'ts of Hook-Up Culture

Do: Call them by the wrong name to assert your dominance
121

The hook-up culture can be difficult to navigate--especially in college. Luckily, I understand your predicament. So here are 7 tips for success in the hook-up culture!

Do:

1. Catch feelings (and lots of them)

What fun is it if you don’t get attached to your hook up/fwb? What else are you going to do all day except think about them and overreact when you see them liking other people’s instas?

2. Add/follow them on every social media site (including LinkedIn)

This one is crucial. How else will you become their #1 BFF on Snapchat and learn about that one family vacation they took with Uncle Bob in 2011? Connections are very important, so be sure to maximize your potential for any future personal/professional needs.

3. Text them first every day

Who says double, triple, or even quadruple texts aren’t fun? If they don’t respond, keep texting them. They’re just playing hard to get.

4. Mention all of your other hook ups/fwbs

Assert your dominance and make sure they know you’re a hot commodity. Maybe even “accidentally” call one of them by the wrong name to back up your stories.

Don’t:

1. Give them any personal space

Backing off means that they’ll likely forget about you and find someone new to hook up with! Make sure your presence is always known (whether in person or online) so that it doesn’t happen.

2. Wait to text them back

See that text? Respond ASAP. You can’t risk them making plans with someone else! Plus, the waiting game is so 2016.

3. Be afraid to ask about their family

You want to be well informed when they bring up a conversation they had with their mom. It would be rude of you not to ask how Susan is doing and how her book club is coming along when the opportunity presents itself! (Note: This will be much easier if you friend all of their family members on Facebook.)

I hope these tips come in handy for some of you! Long live the hook-up culture.