5 Ways To Make Your Dorm Room Stunning

5 Ways To Make Your Dorm Room Stunning

Decoration ideas for any dorm room!

25
5 Ways To Make Your Dorm Room Stunning
Photo by Mary Whitney from Pexels

Take these thoughts into account when you're trying to figure out what to do with your dorm room! These are just some things that I wish I had known before I did anything with mine.

Below are just a few organizational and decoration tips, but you can use them in whatever way you see fits.

Choose a color scheme!

If you decide on a color scheme for your dorm room, it will be so much easier to choose how to decorate and what to use! The picture attached is of my side of my dorm room, and I chose an aqua/mint color scheme for my decorating. Most of the items I purchased for college are along the color scheme, with the exception of my computer accessories.

Choosing bright colors can be fun, but there are simpler ways to choose colors as well. For example, my roommate chose to go with a neutral and monotonous color scheme. Her bedding is grey, white, and black... But her decorations vary from periwinkle to pastel blue.

Get creative!

KittieStrider

You don't have to stress over making sure everything goes exactly the way you want it to when you're decorating. For example, I kept my color scheme going when I started decorating for Christmas holidays. I took glittery ribbon in a similar color to my scheme, and hung up colored ornaments above my bed. I also have a few pastel-colored owl figurines scattered throughout the room. This not only helps to tie in the colors you're going for, but it also helps you get in the holiday spirit!

Keep yourself organized..but don't go crazy!

It's relatively easy to keep what you need the most on top of your desk, but it's also just as easy to overcrowd yourself. Make use of the drawers and shelves given to you in your room in order to make things flow easiest together. Also, remember to keep the color scheme implemented into this organization to make everything flow together more!

Organize your shelves!

No picture here, but make sure that your shelves are relatively organized. It's easy to get back and just pile food, books, blankets, homework, and whatever else you want on top of one another in the shelving units. However, it's the easiest to get through with everything if you just keep it organized. You can find things easier, and you can also see what you do and don't have if you're able to see everything.

Don't spend all your time decorating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't emphasize this one enough. Yes, it's a good thing to have your dorm look cute or stylish.. But you need to take time to focus on yourself and your schoolwork. If you're anything like me, you'll organize everything once or twice a week and have it all go to a mess again within a few days because of studying and schoolwork. That's FINE! If you want people to think that your room is constantly organized, just go through and do a deep clean/organization once a week and minor ones if you know that somebody is coming over that day. It's the best thing to do for your mental health, but also the best thing to do for your grades as well.