]5 Dorm Room Essentials You Didn't Know You Needed

The 5 Dorm Room Essentials You Didn't Know You Needed, But Will Revolutionize Your Dorm Style

These would have come in handy my freshman year.

1588

It's almost that time again where college students are frantically starting to pack their belongings and begin to move into their prospective dorms, houses, etc. As I think back to my freshman year dorm and things that would've come in handy, here's a list of my top five essentials you didn't know you needed.

1. Rolling shoe rack

This handy-dandy shoe rack slides right under your bed so you don't have to worry about trying to find space for your summer shoes in the winter or cramming them all in your closet like I do. With this shoe rack, you can get them off the floor but still be able to bring all your faves!

2. Scout bins

These trendy bins are a great way to store your sweaters and other fall/winter clothes. They stack easy, are waterproof for the most part and fit perfectly under your bed! They come in multiple sizes and colors for convenience.

3. Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku

These little babies save you from having to watch Netflix on your laptop. If you have a TV in your room, 10/10 recommend buying either a Fire Stick or a Roku. While they are similar, the Fire Stick has slightly more memory and more options as far as apps and internet access. Either way, for under $50 each, they're your best bet at binge-watching that new show you love while avoiding your eight hours of homework.

4. Echo Dot

Needless to say, the Echo Dot is one of the coolest things ever. For just $50, you can play music, ask Alexa to tell you the weather, use all normal Alexa functions, read you your schedule for the day, and just about anything else you can imagine. Cheaper than the Echo yet still just as functional, it's a great addition to your dorm and can make your life a lot easier.

5. Shelf organizer

You're limited on space, so you have to use every square inch you can. Shelf organizers help you keep things off your desk so you can actually study, and save room in your drawers as well. There are numerous different stores that sell them, and small bookshelves also work! They're a great way to stay organized.

What essentials could you not live without in your room? Leave suggestions in the comments!