15 Binge-Worthy Television Shows For Your Summer

Shows for those days when you've worked forever and don't want to see or talk to anyone.

16
BlazeVideo

The best thing about these shows is that you can fall asleep in any of these and wake up and still know what's going on.

1. FRIENDS

The show follows a group of six friends in their twenties who somehow manage to afford three spacious apartments in NYC. Although set back in the 90s, the show is still relatable in a lot of the drama and the humor is still on point, especially Chandler's. Created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, it ran for 10 seasons.

"Who is FICA and why is he always stealing my money?" ~Rachel, Episode 1.4

2. Modern Family

This is filmed as a mockumentry that follows the lives of Jay Prtichette's family, his daughter Claire's family, and his son Mitchell's family. They all live within a few miles of each other and are continously invading each other's space Created by Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan, the show is currently on it's eighth season, which will premiere September 21.

"I'm cool dad, that's my thang. I'm hip, I surf the web, I text. LOL: laugh out loud, OMG: oh my god, WTF: why the face." --Phil Dunphy, Episode 1.1

3. How I Met Your Mother

it follows the story of six friends in Manhattan all trying to figure out their love, friend, and work lives. Sounds a lot like Friends, doesn't it? However instead of sitting in a coffee shop all day they spend a good chunk of money and time in a bar below their apartment (sounds like a dream). It focuses on how Ted Mosby has met his children's mother, which takes nine hilarious seasons to tell the story. Created by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, the series finale aired in March 2014.

"That's life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be." --Marshall, Episode 2.17

4. Frasier

A spin off from the series "Cheers," which was based in Boston in a bar "where everybody knows your name," this series follows Frasier, a pretentious psychologist, played by Kelsey Grammer, who leaves Boston after a nasty divorce and settles back in his hometown, Seattle. He deals with the usual family frustrations while making many Freudian slips and landing himself in some awkward situations. Created by David Angell, Peter Casey, and David Lee. It premiered in 1993 and ran for 11 seasons.

"This is Dr. Frasier Crane wishing you all good mental health." --Frasier

5. Archer

Archer is an adult animated series about an alcoholic secret agent who is always getting in trouble because having an overabundance of love for booze, women, and speaking his mind. Created by Adam Reed it ended it's latest season nine in June.

"PHRASING!" -- Archer, literally every episode

6. Parks and Recreation

The show is a mockumentary follows a park and recreation department that is lead by Leslie Knope, Amy Poehler. She is strong willed and tries not to let everything that goes wrong, bring her down. Created by Greg Daniels and Michael Shur it's series finale premiered in 2015 and ran for seven seasons.

"There's one thing that I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk." --Ron Swanson, Episode 5.17

7. Scrubs

This series follows the life of an inter who is starting his medical career, love live after medical school and trying to get on the good side of the doctors. At times the show can be very slapstick, but it's relatable and don't be surprised if you start crying. Created by Bill Lawrence the show ran for nine seasons.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present, Man Not Caring." --Dr. Cox Episode 4.17

8. That 70's Show

The show follows six high schoolers in Wisconsin during the seventies who are always smoking weed and hanging out in Eric Foreman's basement and getting scared off by Eric's father, Red. This show kicked off Ashton Kutcher's, Mila Kunis's, Laura Prepon's and Topher Grace's careers. Created by Mark Brazill, Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner and it ran for eight seasons.

"How would you like my foot in your ass?" --Red Foreman, every episode

9. Gilmore Girls

Lorelai and Rory Gilmore are a single mother and daughter getting by on their own in small town, Stars Hollow, where everyone knows each others business. Both are very sarcastic and coffee lovers. Rory is the smart daughter who is constantly studying, while her mother Lorelai always has a smart comment to make. Created by Amy Sherman-Palladino and it ran for seven seasons. The follow up series is set to premier soon.

Rory: "When's soon?"
Lorelai: "When the big hand hits the 'S' and the little hand hits 'OON.'"

10. The Office

A mockumentary that follows the daily grind at a paper company headed up by Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell. He's constantly getting in trouble for the in appropriate things he says without realizing it. It shows the unusual and uncharacteristic office antics. Created by Greg Daniels, Ricky Gervais, Stephan Merchant it ran for 9 seasons.

"That's what *she* said." -- Michael Scott, literally every episode.

11. Grey's Anatomy

Yet another medical drama, but it follows a group of young interns who do whatever it takes to get the specialty and man/woman of their dreams. You'll cry, laugh, and get into all the drama because it's so dramatic. Even the manliest man will get sucked in. Created by Shonda Rhimes and it's starting it's 13th season in September.

"Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. You are!" --Cristina Yang, Episode 10.24

12. Arrested Development

Following the Bluth family, a dysfunctional high class family who is under the scrutiny of the law, try to carry on their lives as normal despite lack of money, while only one son in the family has the common sense to do something about it. Created by Mitchell Hurwitz it ran for five seasons, with Netflix picking up the fifth season.

"There's always money in the banana stand." -- Geroge Bluth, Episode 1.2

13. Community

A study group at a community college forms to study Spanish, which then leads to a unepected group of friends who attend the most outrageous school events, such as paint ball, just trying to graduate. Created by Dan Harmon it ran for six seasons.

"Now she is going to make the Disney face. Her lip is going to quiver and her eyes will flutter but they won't ever actually close but do not feel sorry for her!" -- Jeff Episode 1.24

14. White Collar

A classy con artist, Neal McCaffery, gets caught by FBI agent, Peter Burke. He then trades jail time for helping the white collar division out in finding con artists stealing priceless art. These unlikely duo make the best team, also who doesn't want to watch Matt Bomer take his shirt off and talk his way out of everything! Created by Jeff Eastin it ran for six seasons.

15. M*A*S*H

A classic show that first premiered in 1972, follows the lives of army doctors over in Korea. Benjamin Franklin 'Hawkeye' Pierce a womanizer and constant prankster tries to make the most of the war by pulling pranks with his fellow bunk mates and doctors on the rest of the camp. He also lives by his heart and will never back down when it comes to the inhuman act of war. Created by Larry Gelbart the series ran for eleven seasons, with a two-hour series finale that was the most watched finale on television.

"Did anyone ever tell you, you have the voice of a songbird slowly drowning in tar?" -- Hawkeye Episode