I Don't Want To Be A Christian Anymore

I Don't Want To Be A Christian Anymore

I want to be known as someone who loves and serves God.

710
I Don't Want To Be A Christian Anymore
Blogspot

Don't take this how it sounds. It's not that I don't want to love and serve God, but I don't want to associate myself with my fellow 'Christians' anymore.

But... what do I mean by this?

The other day, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh, who is the radio talk show host on a very politically charged show. He owns very conservative views and principles. He was talking about oppression in the United States, and he referred to "white men, mostly Christian," as to whom most people feel oppressed by.

Upon hearing this, I could not believe my ears. What? Is that how people see us "Christians?" A group of people that are supposed to love and cherish and celebrate all walks of life? The salt and the light of the earth? The ones that are truly supposed to represent pure and unconditional love?

I took a step back and realized-- Yeah. The way Christians are portrayed in the media, I can totally understand how people think this. And I have met 'Christians' in real life that aren't really living according to how God wants us to live. It deeply saddens me that so many 'Christians' out there are driving a wedge, instead of doing what they are called to do: make disciples.

Now, The Bible is a big book, but I would like someone to please help me out in finding where in the Bible it says "Condemn and oppress your neighbor," or "Discriminate others based off of their race, gender, religion or sexuality." Sure, I get that you want to stand up for what you believe in and what the Bible says is right. By all means you should. Faith shouldn't remain stagnant in this day and age. But there is a mighty fine line between standing up for what is right, and making people feel small and worthless. And wow, are we completely missing the target on how God calls us to treat others.

You see, 'Christians' these days like to play the role of God. They like to get angry over homosexuality and abortion, but the one thing they forget to do that God is an expert at is love. Christians are letting the hate for God in the world turn into hate for the people in the world. We are letting it turn our hearts into this bitter and resentful group of people.

Sin is disgusting. I would write that on my grave. But God sent Jesus to die for us.

"For He so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

One of the most popular verse in God's Holy Bible, yet the ones who claim Him don't even know how to represent it. What a pity.

I hate to be the one to cast a stone at people I am called to love, but for those of us that claim Him, we need to represent what He has done in our lives out of love. By how we treat others, no matter their sexuality, their race, their gender, the color of their hair or the size of their body.

Love wins, guys, and hate does not. It never will. Can we please keep this in mind when living out our lives?

So no, I don't want to be known as a 'Christian' because that's a word with a shallow meaning nowadays. I want to sympathize with the true identity of God; graceful, loving and peaceful. That's really what I want to be.