Never Underestimate The Quiet Ones

Never Underestimate The Quiet Ones

In silence there is power.

901
Never Underestimate The Quiet Ones
Thought Catalog

In this world, we seem to place others into sub categories and label them. And the labels can range from reasonable to downright idiotic and or offensive. As the girl who has always been a bit odd and quiet, I've heard a lot. But we are not to be passed off as pushovers because that is far from true.

First off, being shy has huge perks, including the ability to move in a crowd undetected and learn about everyone, from the good to the bad, just by looking busy. We know what you fear and what no one needs to know. I might be passing off a trade secret, but it is true.

Also, just because we are kind does not mean you can use our helpful and reasonable nature to your advantage. Everyone has a side to them that is ugly. But, alas, people forget this.

Your problems begin when you cross the line and act like we, those who were crossed, are crazy. Just because you don't see one side of us does not mean it doesn't exist. Personally, mine rarely comes out. For anyone wondering: this is a good thing.

And if you have to weigh the highs versus the lows, there are strategic advantages to being on our good side. One just happens to be that we will fight tooth and nail because friends stand up for each other. Another is that we can be the most vengeful individuals' anyone has ever seen, and we only have to say a few words.

This act is not blackmailing, which carries fines of five-thousand dollars or more and years of jail time, but the use of gathered knowledge. Some of us don't even have to raise a finger. We, luckily, have mastered the art of mind tripping.

I won't spell out how and why this works or why it is so satisfying, but I can assure you that doubting one's self is a personal hell.

But we can also seek revenge in a number of other ways, or embarrass you because in your negligence we learned exactly how to break your ego on the spot.

The lesson here: never discount those who are quiet or kind. We can bite, and bite hard. If you mess with one of us and cross the line, well, lord help you.