Don't Tell Me My School Is A Joke

Don't Tell Me My School Is A Joke

Don't tell me that my school is a joke, until you have been admitted and attend one single class session.
341

The College of Charleston is made up of around 11,000 students from around the globe. The College offers 60 majors and 77 minors – of any and every subject one could ever dream of.

Nestled in the heart of Downtown Charleston, the campus is decked out with historic buildings and landmarks, as well as beautiful landscapes of live oak trees, dressed with Spanish Moss. Founded in 1770, the College of Charleston ranks among the top public university’s in the nation for quality education and student life.

In 2017, the College was named America’s Most Beautiful College Campus by Travel and Leisure. All of these accomplishments are due to the phenomenal teachers and excellent students that work diligently throughout the school year to make our name is known to our State and our Country.

Living in downtown Charleston comes with its perks – believe me. The endless restaurants, numerous historical attractions, and poppin’ nightlife – are only a few reasons that the College ranks among the top choices of many college-bound seniors each year.

The reputation of the College among the outsiders, consists of poor comments such as “You’re school is a joke,” and “All you guys do here is party.”

First off – let me say this, don’t come pointing fingers at college students, at any university or college, without realizing the social lives of young adults ages 18-22. Living life to the fullest is, within the top three concerns of most young adults, especially those who live in Charleston. Partying goes on at every college in the United States.

No matter where it is located, how many students attend the college, or what type of student attends the college. It is happening, everywhere!

So, before you come to me, making negative comments about my school – Don’t Tell Me That My College Is A Joke. Because the last time I checked, each and every student is upheld to the highest of standards and is required to successfully complete the same number of college classes, if not more, in order to graduate. With the class size being nearly 1/8th of large universities – don’t tell me that my school is a joke.

There are multiple students that I know personally, that do not partake in the social activities of college students – and guess what? These folks are totally fine! Don’t tell me that my school is a joke – when there are numerous alumni that include members of the U.S Supreme Court, a professional basketball player, and our president is a former lieutenant governor of South Carolina.

No these titles do not address every notable alumnus of the College – but I do believe that it shows the number of quality individuals that step foot in our classrooms each day

The facts stated above, are only a couple of reasons that the College of Charleston ranks among the top public universities in the United States of America.

So to every other non-CofC student, Uber driver, and tourist who don’t know the facts about the College of Charleston – I suggest that you take a trip to the campus to learn about the tradition and excellence that the College of Charleston is building as a legacy, to hold for many years to come, but until then, the negative comments are not welcome!