Don't stop until you reach the stars

Don't stop until you reach the stars

This one is for you

1
personal

Let me first start off by telling you a little bit about me! My name is Courtney Phillips, I am a small town girl from upstate New York, I am 22 years old. Back in 2017 I started my own little photography page, just to show off my work. Soon after I started this page I knew I needed to go to college to get a degree in this. So I hopped on the internet and applied to Suny Adirondack. Just a couple of weeks later I got a letter in the mail saying I had been accepted. I now go to college at Suny Adirondack. At Suny Adirondack I am a photography major, I have loved photography my entire life. I am going to be completely honest. I didn't start off as a photography major, I started out as a journalism major because I also love to write, but soon after that I realized I needed to switch majors...I needed to be a photography major because it is my life.

As this semester started I was approached and asked if I wanted to be a photographer for the Adirondack Thunder Hockey team. So when I was asked to do this I automatically said of course! I knew it was going to be a great experience and a good learning one at that. Never did I ever think I would have ever gotten this opportunity to work with such an amazing group of people! This experience has been completely life changing, I have learned so many new things! Yes hockey season is my favorite season, and I thought I had a little bit of clue what goes on behind the scenes and the stats and all that fun stuff….but man was i wrong. I had absolutely NO CLUE what was going on. Although the season got cut short, I will not stop here.

This experience has opened up my eyes and made me realize what I want to do with the rest of my life after I graduate. I want to open up my own photography business, or I would love to be a professional sports media photographer. I am nowhere near perfect with what i do, but I know thats why i am going to school, thats what i am there to learn, i am there to learn the ins and outs of it. I plan to continue my best with all that i have accomplished so far.

Now i want to talk about the fact that this whole entire thing has not been easy by any means, i have dealt with one of the worst things in my life. I lost my brother in February 2019, that semester was by far my worst semster, losing him really killed me a little and i lost myself. I want you all to know i never once gave up though, i kept pushing even though times got hard.

I am not only doing this for me, but for him as well, he was my biggest supporter and i know he wanted this for me so bad! This one is for you Jer!