DON'T Rush Through Finals Week

DON'T Rush Through Finals Week

Three simple tips for when you are cramming and feel like there is not enough time to get things done.

15
DON'T Rush Through Finals Week
Unsplash

We've all been through a finals week where we cannot seem to catch a break. You stay up all night studying and wake up tired the next day only to repeat the process. I know it sounds crazy, especially during finals, but sometimes you need to step away from the notes, textbooks, and laptop for a bit. Here are three tips to hopefully help you get more done without rushing from place to place and keeping you calm.

Take a break.

Unsplash

Step away from your work and relax. You can use the Pomodoro Method to regulate when you work and when you take a break. Just step away and give your brain a break, fill up your water, talk to friends, or go play with your pets. Just remember there is a difference between a 10 minute break and an hour spent on your phone instead of working.

Limit your caffeine.

Unsplash

Put down the coffee! This is definitely one that I am guilty of, especially during finals. Limit yourself to one or two cups of coffee, sodas, energy drinks, etc. a day. Drinking too much caffeine will make it harder for you to sleep at night. It can also make you jittery or give you too much energy so it will be harder to concentrate. Know what your limit is and stick to it. Also, stay away from these drinks after 6 or 7 p.m.

Take a deep breath and keep going.

Unsplash

Once you sit back down at your desk, take a deep breath. You can do this! When you start to get stressed because you don't understand something or are feeling overwhelmed, take a couple deep breaths and look at the problem with a clear head.