You Don't Have To Be Single To Learn How To Love Yourself

Having a significant other can help you get one step further to self-love.

695

Being single is never something to be ashamed of. There is no reason for a man or a woman to feel like they need a significant other to be happy with their life. But, if you do feel like having a S.O. would benefit you and your happiness, there is nothing wrong with that.

I am so used to hearing things like, "In order for someone else to love you, you must love yourself first," and "Self-love is the best love." I mean, of COURSE, self-love is the best love. Loving yourself and all your quirks are so crucial to living a fulfilling life, but I don't think you need to be single to figure out how to love the person that you are.

These quotes about being single and finding self-love have become so mainstream. It's not wrong if you're still trying to figure out who you are and you're in a relationship. People say that being single is a crucial part of your life that everyone needs to experience, but that's not always true.

I've been single for a while now, and I've learned that there are things I can't change about myself and that I should be valued as a person. Despite all of this, I feel like I'm never fully loving who I am 100% of the time. There are good days and bad days. Some days, I find myself wishing I could be more like someone else or change some of the things about myself I'm not too crazy about.

Having a significant other who loves me for exactly who I am can help me in learning to love myself. There are still parts of me that I feel like I'll always want to change, and sometimes it can be extremely difficult to see why those things are important in figuring out who I am.

I know what I deserve out of a relationship, and I know I can't fully rely on someone else to find my own inner happiness, but having someone there to make those bad days better can help me get closer to that happiness I'm looking for. Having a person there to remind me of all the things I should love about myself is something I feel is missing from my life.

I know that the typical way to finding self-love is through exploring your life and the world on your own, and I know that it can be deeply ingrained in our minds that we need to be confident in who we are in order to be ready for a relationship. But it's also okay to explore life with someone right by your side.

If you're single and loving it, that's okay. But if you're single and searching for that S.O. to help you love who you are, that's totally okay as well. Being single can really suck sometimes, but I'll continue searching until I find that person who wants to love me for me. I strongly believe that person will help me learn to love myself for who I am as well.