Don't Let A Guy Knock Off Your Tiara!

Don't Let A Guy Knock Off Your Tiara!

14
Don't Let A Guy Knock Off Your Tiara!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/334321972310635575/

“Don’t make someone your priority, when you are only their option.”

Dating this day and age seems to be so much different than when my grandparents or even parents were my age. The standards are more about quantity and not quality. People are getting married and pregnant younger than ever. They are dating every guy/girl that seems interested. And there is very little respect in the relationship. I wish dating was still like in the old movies. Yeah. I may be old school and my standards may be extremely high, but that's because I am okay with waiting until I found "the one". I would rather be single than be dating someone just to say that I have a boyfriend.

I have been in some amazing, God-given relationships before, so I have heard the things that society and my friends have said trying to tell me to "just have a little fun." I have also seen God- centered relationship flourish because the two individuals chose to put God first rather than fall into the temptations of the world. However, I refuse to give into the world. I am sick and tired of being looked at funny, and being told I am "no fun" just because I want to save myself for my future husband. I have heard from multiple people who have had sex before they were married and I have been there for them every step of the way. Some have regretted their decision, and others fully own it. Never once have I shamed them into feeling guilty or judged them for their decisions and I always expect to be treated the same. I heard this at FCA one night, "Cinderella still got Prince Charming with her dress on." Be Cinderella and rock that tiara!

Now, I'm not dumb enough to believe that everyone's mindset and way of life is the same, and as I have said before, I am absolutely not judging anyone who is not like me. In fact, John 15:18-19 says, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." This verse is something I have stood by my whole life in making my decisions. Knowing that even though I am hated by my friends, or others are ridiculing me for my decisions, this world is not my home, and I am following the God that I believe in.

I have high standard for my future husband, and I believe every guy I date is helping me find him. I want to be with a man who loves the Lord more than he loves me. I want it so our relationship with God is the center of our relationship with one another. I know I am not perfect. I have flaws. I have made some mistakes in my life. We all have. But God forgave me and he will forgive you too. The right man will love me for those mistakes because they made me a better person. My mistakes and experiences made me who I am.

If I can love a guy so much, I can only imagine how much I will love the guy. I am trying to be careful to not confuse the wait with there being no answer from God. I will wait patiently on Him and pray while I am waiting. He will answer me when He knows the time and person is right.

I don’t want to go searching for someone. I don’t want search social media for a guy. I sort of wish finding true love was like what I read about in books, but it's not and that's okay. I will wait for the right person to pursue me first.

I will wait for someone to make an ordinary moment seem magical. I want fireworks! I will wait for the person who brings out the best and worst in me and helps me to be a better person and Christian. I will wait for the person who will be my best friend. I will wait for the person who will drop everything to be with whenever I need them, no matter what the circumstances. I will wait for the guy that meets all of my requirements.

It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is so used to settling with anyone who seems interested just to say they have something. Just because I am single doesn’t mean I am lonely; it just means I’m resting my heart until its ready to love again.I know the right someone is out there. One day, God will send him my way. Until then, I'm single and waiting.

The Bible says, "Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices wit the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Patient is the word I am focused on. Be patient and wait for the guy God has for you! Don't rush God and don't settle. You are more important than that. I was once told this: the more people who give your heart and/or body to, the less you can one day give to your husband. Save yourself, your heart, and your body for the person God has for you! Put on that tiara and be Cinderella!!