An Open Letter To The Boy I Didn't Love Back

i know it hurt you but it hurt me too.

574

Everyone always says "It's not me it's you", but I am not going to say that because it was you. I remember the first time we talked and how I thought I could talk to you for hours and then not even a month later, I remember a minute being on the phone with you was too much. I remember you were this force that came on too strong, too fast and you said you saw all these things in me that I still don't see in myself and I automatically rejected that. I began to not want anything to do with you when you, and wanted everything to do with me. I hated the fact that someone cared so much about me. I hated the feeling that I could hurt you easily just by telling you how I was feeling towards you.

But I didn't hate you.

I was so fond of you, just not in the way we both wished I was. It would have been so easy with you, I wouldn't have had doubts about if you wanted me because I knew you did. I wouldn't have worried about days without talking because it wouldn't have happened. Maybe I just liked the chase. Maybe you were just TOO easy.

I saw you after the fight and assured you that I wasn't interested and you looked how I looked when I was in your place. You looked at me like you saw a ghost. I'll always be sorry for being so blunt with you and I'll always be more sorry for not letting you be enough and for trying to find the best when I already had it.

I am writing this to tell you how great you are and how worthy of the best love story you are.

You have everything anyone could be looking for and when you love someone your heart is on your sleeve. You are the kind of person I now look for, and I thank you for showing me what I am worthy of. You showed me that I shouldn't have to hurt to be happy and I shouldn't have to doubt my partner and I should have something so easy that it's second nature.

I hope you've found that- something so easy that it's second nature.