No, I Don't Have Kids. Yes, I Refer To My 'Pet' As My Baby

Would do anything for my dog.
0

This is for all the people who think having a pet isn't the same thing as having a child. I can say 10001 percent, that there is nothing I wouldn't do for my dog. When she hurts, I hurt, and when she's happy because of something I was able to do, there's no other feeling in the world. I don't know what tempted me to write this. Maybe because she's the one thing that always brings light into my life regardless of what's going on in the world, or what's going on around me.

I have never experienced the type of bond that I share with my dog. Sure, we may not speak the same language, but with one look, I know exactly what she needs from me, and she knows exactly what I need from her. I wouldn't trade my dog for anyone or anything else in this world. And if that's not the equivalent to being a parent then I don't know what is.

From what I've heard, a child brings this unimaginable light and joy into their parents life. They can do no wrong, and is always viewed as "mommy and daddy's little angel." Having a pet, is the same exact thing. Well for me, at least.

I am not her owner, I am her protector, guider, and more important than anything I love her, and I would do anything to see her happy. When she's happy, so am I. When she hurts, so do I. So please don't tell me that being a pet parent isn't the same thing as having kids.