Don’t Forget To Pause Every Now And Then

Life is beautiful. Take the time to stop and appreciate the things around you.

16
https://unsplash.com/photos/zGiDPVseuyg

It is easy to get caught up in the speed of life. To constantly go from one thing to another, almost as if you're on autopilot because that's the only way you can successfully complete everything you need to do in the day. It can seem like 24 hours a day is just not enough. Life is busy; you are busy.

It's okay to pause, take a break. There are so many beautiful things that happen every day that we can so easily miss because we are so stressed, focused, and fixated on the daily tasks we've set for ourselves to complete.

Yes, what we need to accomplish each day is important, but how important is it? Is that phone call after you get home from work more important than what happened today at school that your child is so excited to tell you about? Is the need to go shopping for new shoes or a blouse for an event more important than eating lunch with your grandparents? Ultimately, when you look back on these days, on these moments, which will seem more important? Which will have a larger impact, a lasting memory?

Go outside if you think the weather is nice. Take a picture of that sunset that you think is beautiful. Take a moment to notice the happy, elderly couple eating at a booth across from you when you're out for dinner. Listen to your favorite song on repeat while you dance around your room. Take a walk to clear your mind. Drink some water, eat some food. Sleep if you need it.

If you're with your friends and family, put your phone down. Take in everything that is happening. The love, happiness, and joy that you get from these people you're surrounded by. The smiles, the laughs. Allow yourself to just pause. Take a moment and just recognize how blessed you are to be where you are and with whoever you're with.

Take a moment to just stop and think of everything you've done and overcome that has brought you to where you are now. Take a moment to really think about all the people that you love and that love you. Take a moment to be grateful for the life you are living.

We get so easily caught up in the world and everything in it that we often forget to just take a moment and appreciate everything we have and everything that we have done. Our day to day lives are very important, and always will be, but so is just taking time to just pause. Once a day is all it takes. Pause, be grateful, thank the Lord for where you're at and where you're on your way to. Take yourself off of autopilot and just take life in for what it is. It's a beautiful thing.