Don't Do This Alone

Don't Do This Alone

it's okay to ask for help!

127

I always hear people saying "anxiety and depression aren't real, it's all in your head." I just want to point out that it's not made up, it's a real thing and people struggle from it every day!

People just like you and I struggle from this every day, it might not seem like it, on the outside, but on the inside, they are so broken. People sit here and wonder why there are so many suicides and things like that, it's because no one takes the time to actually get to know someone and what they are going through.

People never take the time to fully understand someone with these issues and sometimes these people never get the help they need or get left out of friend groups because of these issues. They find out you have anxiety and depression and all of a sudden you are weird and this and that.

Anxiety disorders are real, serious medical conditions - just as real and serious as physical disorders such as heart disease or diabetes. Anxiety disorders are the most common and pervasive mental disorders in the United States.

Many people think of depression (MDD) as simply being sad, but it is actually a much more complex medical condition and everybody's experience of it is unique. Part of what makes depression complex is that people with the condition experience multiple symptoms. Depression includes emotional, physical, and cognitive symptoms.

I know i personally struggle with these two things on a daily basis. It is not made up, I can promise you that! They are very hard things to deal with. I know what it's like to not be understood and to be left out. It really sucks when you are in a room full of people and feeling so alone. Or sitting there having so much to say and not having anyone to talk to about it!

I personally try not to let my emotions show on the outside, but it's not always easy dealing with these things so it's hard to not show my emotions sometimes.

I saw this post on facebook today that said, "Reminder to ANYONE that my house will always be a safe zone. Coffee can be put on in minutes, or if you prefer tea, soda, or alcohol, no problem. I will always be available - even if we haven't talked in a while. Even if you think it's weird. Text me, call me, message me, anything. I will be there. I am always a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. Nothing is worse than being alone and going through things alone."

It reminded me that it's okay not to be okay all the time! It's really important to be there for others, some of us need all the help and support we can get even if it's just a friendly hi, how are you doing kind of conversation. Let them know you are there for them!