Don't Date Someone Like Luke P.

5 Signs You're Dating Your Very Own 'Luke P.' And Need To Break Up With Him, Like, Yesterday

Looks can be deceiving, but don't let someone like Luke P. get the best of you.

1787

This season on "The Bachelorette," the drama has been high, to say the least. From Tyler C. to Luke P., there are all kinds of personalities this season, and I am here for it! While we all watch for Tyler C., the drama of Luke P. has us all coming back for more. Hannah B. finally realized that Luke P. just isn't it, and I know that we all are excited enough to jump over a fence. Unfortunately, Luke P. isn't the only 'Luke P.' out there. The constant manipulation and lying and sleaziness comes around without us girls even realizing it because the bad guys aren't always dressed in black. Sometimes, the worst ones are tall and handsome ones.

He makes the issue bigger

bachelorette Giphy

We all remember the rugby game, right? This is a great example of a RED FLAG. A simple bro talk and an apology could have resolved the frustrating issue. This didn't have to do with Hannah, but in true Luke P. fashion, he managed to blow it out of proportion and ruin Hannah B.'s night by making this minor problem that he caused into a massive issue that resulted in many tears. If your significant other is always putting his problems on you and trying to get you to fix all his problems, explore that feeling and listen to your gut because he may not be the one.

He belittles you to make himself feel powerful

the bachelorette Giphy

The differences between Tyler C. and Luke P. are never-ending. One difference that has really stuck out to me is the way they each acknowledge Hannah's confidence. The Tyler C.'s are always going to lift you up and encourage you to be the bad ass woman you are, but the Luke P.'s are going to want to make you feel as if you could never live up to your potential. Is that what you want? These silly boys only do that because they are the weak ones, not you. Girl, you rock, and like Tyler said, "You have the ability to move mountains." Find your Tyler C.

He loves only talking about himself

the bachelorette Giphy

Is all you hear from your significant other "me, myself and I?" This is a red flag, I repeat, this is a red flag. In a relationship, you should want to hear about someone else's interests and ideas, not just talk about your own. Luke P. shows his narcissism in almost every single episode of this season. He can't seem to ever just sit and listen to Hannah because it's always only about him. It can be exhausting only listening to the same things over and over again. Don't ever let some boy steal your thunder, ladies.

He's willing to make you cry all your tears for him

the bachelorette Giphy

Ain't nobody got time for that. Nothing is more exhausting than crying, personally. So, why would you let someone who makes you frown more than smile into your life? I think we have seen Hannah B. cry because of Luke P. more than we have seen any other bachelorette cry. This is not okay! If you feel emotionally drained and cry more than you eat, it isn't worth it. You should never have to sacrifice your happiness for anything because you are worthy of being happy and living your life fully.

He tells you he loves you on the second date

the bachelorette Giphy

No, just no. There are so many issues with using the "L" word too soon. One of them being that it isn't true. I'm sorry, but falling in love with someone the second time you meet is crazy. Luke P. stole Hannah's heart when he said that he developed feelings for her before even meeting her. When I say stole, I mean robbed Hannah's heart from being full. He tries to use his "loving" feelings to cover up all the damage he's done, and that just isn't cool. Don't let someone like Luke P. manipulate you into staying with him despite all the damage he's done by telling you he loves you. Love is so special and protect your heart for someone special (like Tyler C.).

There are many Luke's out there, but there are also a lot of Tyler's. Watch out for those red flags so you don't have to feel the way Hannah feels with Luke. Surround yourself with people who lift you up and who are proud of you, not the opposite.