I Don't Give a S*** About What You Think About My College

PAWS UP!
12

When I tell people what school I go to they will say things like, "Thats not a great school", or "Why would you go there?". Well lets be real here. When I first committed my choice in school was my last resort due to financial problems. But you know that saying, "Everything happens for a reason"? This mantra couldn't be more true for me.

Once I started I began to love my school, it is small, beautiful, and really nice. I love that my campus isn't huge, and I can walk from one side of campus to the other in five minutes. I love that we are surrounded by acres of trees and beautiful flowers and land. I got into the honors program and I'm being given opportunities that I wouldn't be given elsewhere. I've made amazing friends who I have fun with and who have similar goals as me.

So a couple months ago when someone said, as I was wearing my Old Westbury sweatshirt, "Yeah Old Westbury is a shitty school", at first I got mad. I felt the need to attack and to defend myself. But then I realized, I don't give a s*** what people think of my school. I'm not going to school for them. I'm not busting my ass every day to impress them, I'm doing it for me.

And if they don't know enough to know we have a great school, with a wonderful community of teachers, and students. Or that Old Westbury has a lot to offer and a lot to take advantage of, then thats there loss.

I don't need to impress others or make sure they know my school is as amazing as it is. Because everyone on our campus knows it, and if others can't see it, then thats there problem.