Social Distancing Has Brought Me Closer to Christ

Corona, you've helped put my focus in the right direction.

182
https://unsplash.com/photos/GyPlAB0uv2Q

The entire concept behind social distancing is to limit how many people you surround yourself with and how close you get to them. Yes, I've been spending my time in my house just like the entire world, but I've truly never felt closer to some people within my life. More importantly, I've never felt closer to Christ.

The thing about social distancing is that it gives you a lot of free time. We all have the power to do whatever we want with this time. Some individuals decided to pick up baking or a new hobby. For me, I decided to pick up my Bible.

I decided that this time at home was the perfect opportunity for me to create a set length of time each day to sit down and put all my focus on Christ. Before now, I've considered myself too busy with my days to set ten, twenty, or thirty minutes for time with Christ. The thing is, it wasn't that I didn't have time; it was that I didn't have the correct priorities.

Over these past days, I've started daily devotionals, not only on my own but with others as well. One of the best things about technology is how connected you can be with others. The Bible app allows for multiple people to join in on a devotional and discuss it, which is so beneficial during a time such as this. We cannot physically come together, but we have the opportunity to come together spiritually. Churches may be canceled, but the Church will never be canceled, for we, Christians, are the Church. For where we gather, whenever we gather, even if it cannot be together, He is present.

I have put all my trust in Christ during this time of stress, confusion, and worry. Just as it says in Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."

Christ has directed my path. He is directing me towards Him; He is directing me towards those who I can grow in my faith with. Christ has led me to people and relationships that I've never had before. Christ is leading me to converse with others about Him and how powerful He truly is. Christ is leading me to a life of love, happiness, and faith.

I could not be more thankful for this time that I have had to reassess my life and put myself in the right place with the correct people. I pray that everyone takes the time to pray and thank God for everything that we have, as well as pray for those who are being affected by this virus.

Do not be afraid. Do not doubt Christ at this time. Do not lose faith. Now is the time for our faith and our trust in Him to skyrocket, for we do not know the plans He has, but as long as we trust in Him, it will all be well.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV