A Proper Thank You

A Proper Thank You

To the people who are no longer a part of my life. Thank you for everything.

41
A Proper Thank You
https://unsplash.com/photos/t48eHCSCnds

I never expressed to you how thankful I am for being a part of my life. I know that our time in each other's lives has reached its expiration date, but this is for you. This is a letter to you, thank you.

I know that for whatever reason, our friendship, relationship, or whatever ship it was, is now over. It may have ended abruptly, or it was a long-drawn-out process. It may have been an easy decision, and it may have caused tears to shed. It may have been a bad relationship that ended in making amends, or a good one ending in an unforgiving, verbal fight. No matter where we stand now, good or bad terms, I am writing this to you.

Thank you for placing yourself into my life fo the time that you did. I know that God truly places people in each other's lives, but thank you for just not walking out as soon as you arrived. You have helped shape who I am. You've helped me grow. You've helped me learn.

You as an individual helped push me to where I am today. Our conversations, interactions, and ultimately, the place we are in now have shaped me. Having a relationship with you has changed my outlook on life. Having a relationship with you changed my path of life. You allowed me to take the necessary steps I needed to take to reach the ultimate plan that God has laid out for me.

Our relationship, whether it was a week of non-stop conversations and then dropped, or years of checking in with each other every few days or weeks. Whether it was a childhood friendship that fizzled out over the years or a friendship formed over a three-day conference in high school. Whether we were in an intimate relationship that ended on bad terms or a friendship that ended because it was never going to progress to anything more. No matter what it was, or how it ended, I am thankful for you.

I am so beyond thankful that our lives crossed paths when they did and for the length of time that they did. You shaped me, and hopefully, I helped shape who you are. We may not be in each other's lives as we once were, but I still think about the lessons that you taught me and the meaning of your relationship within my life. I thank God for you every day. I thank Him for bringing you into and out of my life. I thank Him for showing me what I needed through you.

Although I thank Him, I must thank you. Thank you for working in my life the way that you did. Thank you for being a blessing, a lesson, and an example. Thank you for being the person that you are. I may have taken the true meaning of our relationship for granted at the time, but now, I see the meaning of it in its entirety. Thank you. I will never truly be able to express to you the work you did within my life, but I hope this letter to you shows you my gratitude and appreciation for you within my life.

Thank you. I hope you're doing well.