Donald Trump Wants To Erase The Legacy Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Just Five Weeks Before Election Day
News

The Notorious RBG deserves to be honored and respected.

93

In the past few weeks the 2020 Presidential election intensified even further than it already has. While the COVD-19 pandemic destroys American lives and jobs as a result of Trump's negligence and disdain for humanity, the nation was shook up with even more sadness and fear after the inspiring and hardworking feminist icon, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bade Ginsburg passed away at the age of 87.

Donald Trump continued to prove that he's the worst President in modern history by announcing Judge Amy Coney Barret as his Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Ginsburg within a week after her death. Americans who admired and respected the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg expressed their frustration towards Trump's decision. The Senate, which is controlled by the Republicans, is attempting to confirm Trump's nominee pick less than 40 days before Election Day. People have a right to be upset at these heartless politicians, especially Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who agreed that Trump's nominee should be confirmed this year. This contradicts his actions during the 2016 election when Mitch blocked President Obama's Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland after the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia.

According to a report by CNN, Trump nominated (which impeached Presidents should not be allowed to do) conservative federal appeals court judge Amy Coney Barret, and this decision only stirred up more trouble since Trump's rush to fill all nine of the Supreme Court seats originates from his delusions of a rigged election. His frustration with Obamacare is another reason why Trump and Republicans are doing this. His plan to replace the Affordable Care Act would likely happen, and future healthcare decisions will be under Republican control if Trump succeeds.

Lindsey Graham, the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman (who is often confused about his support for Trump) had announced that the hearing for the nominee will be on October 12th. During this time, questions and testimony will span the length of a few days. This is only to ensure that the 'party of family values' filled with so-called evangelicals who have never practice anything they preach want to confirm Barret to the Supreme Court before Election Day. Trump has shown for three years that he cannot be trusted no matter what, so it makes sense why people are strongly against his Supreme Court Justice nominee.

Trump is making these hasty decisions because is rapidly losing support from rational thinking Americans who are not falling for his lies. Despite not having any physical evidence, Trump continues to insist that mail-in voting is horrible. Trump says he will not agree to a peaceful transfer of power after the election if Biden is victorious. Considering the way, Trump always picks the wrong person for his Administration, the confirmation hearings will likely lead to some controversy similar to the last time when Trump nominated Bret Kavanagh.

There are many reasons why Trump should delay the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett. Americans do not want the Supreme Court to take away Obamacare, resulting in millions of Americans losing their healthcare, but also Barrett's record could also jeopardize the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg who became a feminist icon by removing stereotyping based on gender and motivating women to fight to achieve their dreams. Her other accomplishments include getting inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame and winning the Berggruen Prize for Philosophy & Culture.

After reading about the life and history of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I understand how important of an icon she was. Justice Ginsburg's legacy should be honored by everyone whether they worked with her or not. Appointing a Supreme Court nominee after Election Day would be respectful to her final wishes. I hope for a Democratic victory in November, so this nation can slowly recover from all the damages that Trump caused while also making sure that the legacy of such an extraordinary icon lives on for generations to come.