Mental health. It's a stigma that everyone seems to scream from the mountain tops, but only a quarter of those people actual embrace their own mental health and focus on creating an awareness of it.

According to the dictionary, mental health is described as "a person's condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being."

Okay. Most broad definition ever.

Mental health can't be worded into one sentence, phrase, or statement. Mental health has a different shape for everyone. Although everyone may have a different version of good or bad mental health, everyone should know how important it is to be familiar with their own mental health.

Funny thing about mental health is, well, that it's mental. No one but you can know what state you're in. A professional can help you discover it, and possibly give you strategies on how to cope with it, but it's all on you to figure out what your good and bad is, and when you need to take a step back to regain that consciousness.

There was a point in my life where my mental health was extremely weak. I was in a terrible mental state, and I didn't realize until I hit my lowest low. I needed to bounce back, and fast.

In order to do this, I had to put my mental health first. To be completely honest, it was a lot more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I had to give up a lot, and focus on me. I pushed away a lot of people and memories in order to regain my mental strength. I had to quit a lot of the things I loved in order to focus on myself.

Now, from this, I lost a lot of people, memories, and opportunities. People thought I was selfish for doing what I did, putting myself first, and maybe I was. I have to admit, I could have handled a few situations differently.

But that doesn't make me selfish. Figuring out myself and my mental health does not make me selfish. Putting yourself first, especially for mental health, is NOT selfish.

To anyone that is struggling right now, looking for a sign, here it is. You need to focus on you. If you're struggling, do what you need to do to gain that mental strength. You may lose a bit in the process, but don't believe for a second that you are selfish for doing so.

Focus on you and your mental health. It is so important. You are so important.