Every house of cards is bound to collapse at some point, and for Netflix, that time has come sooner than later.

In the past two weeks, sexual assault allegations about Netflix’s House of Cards star Kevin Spacey have risen to the surface. Numerous young men have brought forth their stories of being groped and nearly forced into rape, including Harry Dreyfuss, the son of famous actor and director Richard Dreyfuss.

One of the first victims to come forward was Star Trek’s Anthony Rapp, who claims that Spacey, who had been 26 at the time, made advances toward him at the age of 14. Rapp stated that the occurrence happened during the production of the Broadway play Precious sons, when Rapp was attending a party at Spacey’s home. In response to this, Spacey tweeted out an apology, which was followed shortly by a coming out story. This mix of events received great backlash and concerned Spacey with matching homosexuality to pedophilia.

Immediately after these accusations and failed apology, Netflix cut ties with the actor.

Though, and with the lead actor being the man he is, the question of separating the art from the artist comes about. Being that these accusations are out in the open, is it morally correct to support the art of the artist?

By supporting the art the artist is in, we are supporting the artist themselves, and therefore are stating that the accusations hold no value in how a person is viewed. After all, some of the worst people have done the most amazing things.