Go On Take The Money And Run

Go On Take The Money And Run

11
Go On Take The Money And Run

Has there been a time you wished you could have gone back and changed a specific situation? Or rather, did you have those "what if" moments of thinking or wishing that if you were at that certain place and time then this would have or never have happened?

Truth is, you never know what is going to happen. One day, you'll be thinking think that everything is going in the right direction until one instant a crazy curveball is thrown. You'll experience feelings of devastation, hurt, anger, neglect, and a variety of emotions you cannot describe in that one moment, one instant. Sometimes you'll even question the universe, and God, whether it's punishment for not doing this certain thing.

Living in today's society, we are faced and handed down with numerous pressures, issues, and situations on the daily basis. They can encompass anything in politics, relationships, body image, depression, anxiety, mental illnesses, and a variety of unexplainable and crazy situations out of our control. Each day may seem like a crazy WWIII battle with yourself or just a rollercoaster struggle of trying to make ends meet. Basically, learning and trying to be your genuine self is hard to come these days, especially the older you get.

We've all watched those monumental family shows (i.e. "Friends," "Full House," "Boy Meets World," etc.) that consist of valuable life lessons (Admittedly, I am a complete sucker for them) in each episode. One of the life lessons that really stuck to me in my twenties is doing the right thing. TV shows make everything look so simple and easier said than done. However in reality, doing the right thing these days is classified as lousy, lame, or just plain bull.

But in all honesty, doing the right thing in whatever situation or obstacle handed down pays off in the long run. Those bullets you have dodged in the past and the moments of feeling stuck in a rut, be thankful for them. As much as you may not realize it now, they're going to be the best damn thing that has ever happened to you.

If you were handed down an instant of dodging a situation or a certain someone, thank them. For that particular moment or person, you wouldn't be where you are today. You can be bus hopping in a week, run four half-marathons, or even make to to fashion week twice in the past two years (hence, me). The power is in you. So when life hands you lemons, make lemonade (or sweet tea if you're a sweet southern peach soul like me).