Some Tips on What To Do On Your First Date

Tips

33

Finally, it's the D-Day when you are going to possibly be able to change your relationship status from 'single' to 'in a relationship'. Your months of effort to muster up the courage to ask someone you like to go out on a date has finally sprung to life. You are going on your first date.

But now when you look at the scenario, planning your first date becomes nerve-wracking. Your heart is beating fast, guts are churning, and breathing seems irregular because you are excited, nervous and…deep inside...fearful!

You want your first date to be a perfect, memorable, and desirable experience. But you also don't know what you will do, how you will break the ice and what you will talk about. In short, you are on a roller coaster ride of all types of emotions!

To get you off that ride, and ease your wrecked nerves, I have some tips to make your first date the perfect affair. Here is your panacea:

Choose the Right Location

The first and foremost thing to consider is the first date location. Your selected location is going to play a huge role in setting the mood of your first date. A club might not work, because you will not be able to communicate properly, and you might waste your precious moments getting drunk. Another favorite of many first dates – movie night – is also a big 'no' for me. It is crowded, distracting, and not fun at all even if the movie is very funny. The key is to find a location where you can easily connect, stay at ease, and go without feeling awkward.

Prepare for the Conversation

The most difficult part of a first date is to break the ice and have an engaging conversation. Even the most outgoing people face difficulty in managing conversations on a first date. That's why you should prepare to kick start the conversations: research questions to ask a guy, decide how much you are going to reveal about yourself, and think of how you should respond to the possible questions.

Your conversation should be centred on bringing out the chemistry between the two of you, your likings and disliking, habits, etc. Don't try to be a comedian when you aren't humorous at all. And don't use cheesy lines and excessive compliments. And yes, don't sound desperate during the conversation – hold on to your senses and racing heart!

Focus on Your Presentation

The first thing that is going to hit the other person is neither your nature nor your conversation. It is your appearance and presentation that attracts the person at first. All the other things come later. So, pay special attention to your presentation. Don't pick an outfit that makes you appear desperate, and don't wear such casual clothing that you seem uninterested. Get a recommendation from a friend who has already gone through this phase, or go with your instinct if you think that your rational mode is not overpowered by excitement.

If you manage to score high in these three basic things, your date will go smoothly. Your nerve-wracking day could end up as the most memorable, happiest, and heart-warming day of your life. And you never know, this first date might turn into the beginning of a life-long relationship. Maybe this guy is your made-for-each-other deal!